EGR NO MORE!!!

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
d00d- you didn;t get my humor in the first place. show me where the throttle plate is on your 6.0.
YMMV

Not to step in but on the 03, 04 SSD there was a throttle plate right before the intake manifold.

Do not know the function but it was there.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The throttle plate was a running change. It is there to "create" a vacuum for the EGR valve to pull the exhaust into the intake. Keith

fordman60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone had surging problems after doing the egr delete? i removed my cooler and bypassed the coolant, welded plugs into exhaust and intake . ever since i have had unsteady boost and rpms under load. is there a tuner that will disable egr function?

atk

Reaction score
has anyone had surging problems after doing the egr delete? i removed my cooler and bypassed the coolant, welded plugs into exhaust and intake . ever since i have had unsteady boost and rpms under load. is there a tuner that will disable egr function?

haven`t done the egr delete yet, but, you can get a customed tuned SCT that will delete the egr function alltogether....

fordman60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven`t done the egr delete yet, but, you can get a customed tuned SCT that will delete the egr function alltogether....

ok i have heard of that.. what is with the custom tunes? is it customized for the aftermarket products you will be running? where is the best place to get one?

atk

Reaction score
ok i have heard of that.. what is with the custom tunes? is it customized for the aftermarket products you will be running? where is the best place to get one?

you can get custom tunes for even a stock truck and yes depending on your mods and driving style, you can get it tuned to maximize your mods....

i am sure some of our site sponsors can do custum tuning. also there is Elite Diesel(not a site sponsor), they seem to be 1 of the best for custom tuning for the 6.0l trucks(just my opinion)...hope this helps

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try spartan diesel, innovative diesel, or elite diesel for custom tuning with the SCT. I am sure there are plenty of others out there as well. I am just giving you a couple of reccomendations by word of mouth. I have heard(read) quite a bit of positive feedback for the above three named tuners.

Good luck and let us know what you decide...:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14