egr valve is anybody having problems

oilburner67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i installed an afe stage 2 intake now i have a check engine light scanned the codes and it read egr 402 . is anybody else having problems with afe stage 2 :confused:

Moe-B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the stock filter and still had EGR issues (P0404). Got a new one at 5000 miles.

rock_doctor

Reaction score
The egr on my X was replaced last week with 4,200 miles on the clock. Mech said it was clogged... :dunno

mark

Owen

That's my first name.....
Reaction score
I'm on my 5th EGR value at 17,500 miles.... the Ford designers were really sleeping on the job on this one!!

rock_doctor

Reaction score
Hum, note to self... When warranty over buy several cases of egr valves... I would unhook the valve but I am afraid that the extra particulates would clog the catalytic converter faster then it will normally... I hope that this is an issue they will fix before the 100k warranties start to run out.

mark

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
The EGR Valve strategy as it is designed for the 6.0 is a sorry piece of work. Between real issues and mis diagnosed issues the EGR Valve has been the disdain of owners, dealers, and Ford.

It seems that when the EGR Valve goes there tends to be a cascade effect thereby, creating even more problems.

I doubt that there would be a Cat converter issue. But, if there was a premature failure with the converter I would rather sacrifice that than all the other components that are affected by the EGR Valve.

Mine has been diabled for almost 15,000 miles. I have no negative issues with my truck.

Owen

That's my first name.....
Reaction score
Vizard, with your EGR disconnected, doesn't the computer then see it as malfuctioning and thus resort to running the engine in some sort of default/just run basics until fixed mode? I did that very same thing on mine with the EGR disconnected for about 300miles, but noticed that I had significant power loss. I even unplugged it the right way making sure the EGR was closed.... what do you think?

Moe-B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the most recent flash I got (4U7A-BFE) supposedly changes the EGR strategy so that it's closed more at idle. A tech told me this is to keep it from getting carboned up so quick. This flash seems to make my truck run better, also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58