Question Elecricial bug

mr slate

MR SLATE
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm the FNG. I have a electricial bug in a 2003 F350 4x4 crew dually. At time my radio will quit or not come on when ignition is on, also windows will not work and map light doesn't work. Have changed GEM module switched relays in fuse block. CAN ANY HELP OR HAVE SEEN SAME PROBLEM????????? MR SLATE COLORADO

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome4 FNG, Mr Slate. Hope your problem gets corrected soon. Fill out your signature by going to the Quick Links in the BLUE LINE above and click on Edit Signature. Tell us what you drive and any mods you have. This will help us help you.

Dave :)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Just looked at both wiring diagrams, and the common point appears to be a ground point behind the center of the dash.

I'm pretty sure the radio has to come out and the lower trim panel has to come off (you'll be removing the ashtray and cup thrower as well) to access it.

mr slate

MR SLATE
Reaction score
Thanks i'll look towards this fix. Someone else told me it might be a floating ground. I've never heard of this before and didn't know where to look . Mr slate

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
Mr. Slate,
On my 2000 F-250 (yours may be different), I just found a spot where rain was leaking inside my truck and dripping directly onto my GEM module and fuse block. When I unplugged the two wire harnesses from the fuse block, both had water in them. I found my fuse block to contain rust/corrosion inside. A few days ago I took apart the fuse block (one layer at a time) and bead blasted it to clean up all the rust. The rust caused my interior relay to chatter off & on for a few months before the relay gave out. Now that the fuse block is clean inside and a new relay is installed, everything works great. Just something to look at.

Drew

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good test would be to put another ground to the radio and see if the problem goes away.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
i think there was a technical service bulletin on this at ford, seemed like the windshield leaked or something. Check with ford first, they may know what the fix is right off the batt. Seems like they were replacing the fuse box or something....... just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58