electric fans

errol

Reaction score
k , got the parts to do the air intake mod, but now also thinking of replacing the factory fan which also robs hp, with a dual electric fan setup. Has anyone done this and if so what make of fans, and would they be as effective as the factory and of course I know would be quieter. thanks fellows, (and of course "trucking gals" too):roflmao

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you tow with your truck DO NOT DO IT... the small gain in HP (in limited times) is not worth the overheating issues you will run into! Every person I know that has tried one has removed it later due to issues when towing.

errol

Reaction score
thanks CSIPSD for the info, yep as you can see I do tow, (fulltime rv'er) I'm really glad to find this out. I also tow 50% of time in the mountains and hilly terrain, so right now my truck runs really cool, just noisey as heck when that fan does come on! thanks again

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you might add the 203 t-stat from Dieselsite, it can help your MPG and give you a small bump in hp... While your doing the Air intake, do the CCV mod too. And the Zoodad! And the Intake air heater delete... Hell there is lots of little free mods for these things !

errol

Reaction score
LOl, joe, stop your whinning and just go get that montana! hehe, Robert I love my monty, it pulls like a dream, And of course its my "home" my wife and I are fultime rv'er, so we live "anywhere USA"!!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked at a few... and might get one when the house sells, but DAMN they are proud of them....40k for a used 32'... OUCH! LOL

errol

Reaction score
Joe, you gotta go down to chattanooga tn to get you a great deal on a montana. "Northgate" Rv is the place and no I dont own it lol nor work there. But I got mine there last oct 06, a 2004 like new, for 26,000 33 ft 3 slides. LOVE it !! well I just got the 4" pipe cut to 3 in, and polished it to a babies arse! get the intake on tomorrow, but now its "MILLER TIME!!" hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58