electrical gremlin battery light

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yesterday morning the wife said that the battery light on the 03 was flickering on her way to work but the lights never got dim and finally the light went out. On the way home it never acted up so this morning shes on her way out the drive shes looking to see how high the creek is and the radio shut off so she turns and looks and the battery light is on but all the gauges are down like the truck is shut off trucks running fine lights are on and bright so she gets to the end of the drive and turns around and heads back in the battery light goes out and the gauges come up and the radio comes back on. So she takes the IDI to work and now the truck is fine I can't get it to act up at all I checked batterys and alt everything is putting out like they should be so I'm thinking bad connection somewhere maybe moisture related but where:dunno Any Ideas :dunno

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aric, Take a look at the fuse and circuit for the Insturment Cluster (Fuse 35 I think) it is in the center bottom of the fuse panel under the steering wheel. Travis and I were tracing down an electrical problem, and when we pulled that fuse it killed the Instrument Cluster, Radio and Interoir Lights. I have an 03 Ex with the 6.0 but I think the rest of the truck is the same. I would think if it was a ground issue it would affect more than just the one circuit. Maybe that fuse is just loose..... one can hope....

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Four things to look at.

Alternator..........
Grounding..........
Terminal Corrosion........
Batteries...........

Tbar

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Four things to look at.

Alternator..........
Grounding..........
Terminal Corrosion........
Batteries...........

Tbar

check atleast right now its fine
check
check
check

If it is the alt I don't understand why the gauges quit working and the lights never even dimmed:dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Last time I had electrical gremlins, it turned out to be corroded connections at the battery. I cleaned them up real good and no more gremlins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14