Question Energy Suspension

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well, after a little over year my sway bar end link bushing are shot again. I'm not going through the mess of getting them from Ford, so id like to get them from energy suspension but was looking at their website and havent a clue as to what i need.

Surely someone has ordered them before and knows what i need?:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
Bought the whole end link from Ford cause I was in a pinch and wanted it done.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JRJ04

Reaction score
That's what I used. Press or heat and beat the old ones out. New ones slip right in. :sweet

do you just heat the end link up itself or the bushing? I dont have a press so i think i would have to do this. the new ones install pretty easy? no problems?

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heated up the whole thing. And they come out one way. Look at the link and you will see the flare end I'm talking about. New ones, just use the lube they come with and press them in with your fingers. Easy peasy.

I should have added : Since you got new ones from FORD, you could use the old ones.

Last edited:

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
man great link. the klunk coming from my front end is driving me nuts cant wait for some above 0 degree weather to tackle this one.:Hatsoff

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Another clunk spot is the leaf spring bushings.

yup, if I had leaf springs :innocent :coffee

But I did see they had the whole kit for my front end. I mean the WHOLE kit for all the twin I beam bushings and all. and not that expensive. Sure it would be pretty intensive with having that much of the front end apart. But If need be its there. I only have 150K on it so I think its just a shock or swaybar link since it only happens when I hit a uneven bump or getting on to a drive way on a angle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58