Question Energy Suspension

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on that irace. I got my leaf sring bushings. esof replacement seals, axle seals, waiting on my tie rods to come in. When i break mine down for the leaf sring bushings I'm replacing everything. I sure don't want to do this twice! I figure with how it's not that expesnsie just for the parts, it's the labor that kills you. But me and a friend and some brewskis, I THINK we could get it done in a weekend.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after a little over year my sway bar end link bushing are shot again. I'm not going through the mess of getting them from Ford, so id like to get them from energy suspension but was looking at their website and havent a clue as to what i need.

Surely someone has ordered them before and knows what i need?:dunno

Sorry, been out, and I guess you got this all figured out, but here's what I ordered for stock '02 last spring:
Part Number: 4.5186
Product Name: Complete Front Sway Bar and End Link Bushings Set - 32MM
Quantity: 1Unit Price: $37.06
> > > Color : Black
--------------------------
Order Total : $37.06
Shipping : $7.99
Grand Total : $45.05

JRJ04

Reaction score
Sorry, been out, and I guess you got this all figured out, but here's what I ordered for stock '02 last spring:
Part Number: 4.5186
Product Name: Complete Front Sway Bar and End Link Bushings Set - 32MM
Quantity: 1Unit Price: $37.06
> > > Color : Black
--------------------------
Order Total : $37.06
Shipping : $7.99
Grand Total : $45.05

sweet! thanks for that.

anyone ever bought the leaf spring bushings? where do you get them? mine are shot.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same place JR. The energy suspension website actually has a vehicle lookup chart.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the COMPLETE kit for my truck I just need the time to do it. It should take a better part of the weekend to do everything.

JRJ04

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP:eek:

Never again...that was an absolute nightmare getting that done. I had a propane torch, heat gun and hammer. I'm sore from whacking at those things so hard, and actually bent the housing the bushings to into from hitting them so much:dizzy

And on top of all of that...the damn things squeak now. They are not easy to pull back apart to grease again so this will be a trip...

Word to the wise...unless you have welding equipment/a really good torch that will get those SOBs HOT (and I mean like glowing red)...dont attempt this on your own, cause you'll get so darn frustrated.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP:eek:

Never again...that was an absolute nightmare getting that done. I had a propane torch, heat gun and hammer. I'm sore from whacking at those things so hard, and actually bent the housing the bushings to into from hitting them so much:dizzy

And on top of all of that...the damn things squeak now. They are not easy to pull back apart to grease again so this will be a trip...

Word to the wise...unless you have welding equipment/a really good torch that will get those SOBs HOT (and I mean like glowing red)...dont attempt this on your own, cause you'll get so darn frustrated.

Great!!:( I need to replace EVERYTHING on the front of my truck. Your post makes me want to take it in to a shop an pay for it! How much would it cost to have ALL the bushings in the front replaced??

JRJ04

Reaction score
Great!!:( I need to replace EVERYTHING on the front of my truck. Your post makes me want to take it in to a shop an pay for it! How much would it cost to have ALL the bushings in the front replaced??

If you have a press, or a way to get the links HOT HOT HOT...it should be a piece of cake.

I had neither, thus it was hell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14