Engine belt and radiator hose

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have to disconnect the radiator hose on the top driver side to remove/replace the engine belt? I couldn't beleive that Ford would build it to be like that and I just wanted to see if I'm alone on this. I didn't have to do it on my 96 F250......:dunno Only thing I figured I could do was to put a valve in the hose.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Just once. Go to the parts store and ask for an upper hose for a truck with two alternators. It will go around the belt. If you look below your single alternator you will see that the bracket is already set up for it. Use a hose clamp to attach the new hose to the bracket. Put a piece of your old hose around the new one to prevent the hose clamp from chaffing.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
I did it that way on mine just once. Like posted above, change the hose. If you just go order a hose for the truck you will most likely get the one that goes behind the belt anyway since it fits both styles it has replaced the through the belt hose.
Ken

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it that way on mine just once. Like posted above, change the hose. If you just go order a hose for the truck you will most likely get the one that goes behind the belt anyway since it fits both styles it has replaced the through the belt hose.
Ken

Thats crazy....what did they expect to happen. Did they not know that when we change our belts that radiator fluid was going to go EVERYWHERE

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what you call cutting corners :dizzy. Remember they are engineers (rocket scientist) and not the every day do it yourselfers. :hmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg