Engine miss

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Didn't feel the miss on the way to and from work today. Got home and reved it up to 2400-2500 rpm in the driveway and got the miss (chip in). Ran CCT 3x no failures. Pulled chip ran CCT 3x: 1st #1 & #8 failed, 2nd #8 failed, 3rd no failures. Put chip back in.

Joe, I agree a good hard pull makes the truck run better. I have been driving this thing hard over the last couple days.

At this point I don't know if the new CPS, oil change, or IPR cleaning fixed the problem. I guess time will tell.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Didn't feel the miss on the way to and from work today. Got home and reved it up to 2400-2500 rpm in the driveway and got the miss (chip in). Ran CCT 3x no failures. Pulled chip ran CCT 3x: 1st #1 & #8 failed, 2nd #8 failed, 3rd no failures. Put chip back in.

Joe, I agree a good hard pull makes the truck run better. I have been driving this thing hard over the last couple days.

At this point I don't know if the new CPS, oil change, or IPR cleaning fixed the problem. I guess time will tell.

you're reprogramming the adaptive memory

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I talked with Jody (DP Tuner) today and asked him if the chip hid codes. He said that when we flashed my PCM to run spilt shots we only put a program on it that would run the truck. The chip programing will run the truck smoothly so the PCM may throw codes due to not being programmed to idle or fuel correctly.

I did feel the miss/vibration today on the way to work but not on the way home.:cussing:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I talked with Jody (DP Tuner) today and asked him if the chip hid codes. He said that when we flashed my PCM to run spilt shots we only put a program on it that would run the truck. The chip programing will run the truck smoothly so the PCM may throw codes due to not being programmed to idle or fuel correctly.

I did feel the miss/vibration today on the way to work but not on the way home.:cussing:

Dude, I think you found the source of the misfire...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
???? I am getting the misfire with and without the chip installed.

oh yeah that's great...

I'm still thinking back to the one post where you swapped around odd bank injectors, and at least one failure followed an injector...

still got your stock injectors?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
That was with the chip out. Stock injectors were sent back as cores. I might get someone with a different ear to listen to the buzz test again.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Why would Injector Pulse Width and Volume Fuel Desired be lower than idle values at 1800-2500 rpm? Seems like when the miss occurs, both values drop significantly.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to chime in here . Are you running single shot injectors , or split. I am running single shot & also have a DP tuner. I have been chasing this problem for a long time. At 1500 rpm & 2 lbs boost going up a slight grade my truck vibrates - misses - worse when cold outside & when raining. I changed injectors to ( solve this problem ) & don`t know if I got My old injectors back or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58