Engine miss

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Why would Injector Pulse Width and Volume Fuel Desired be lower than idle values at 1800-2500 rpm? Seems like when the miss occurs, both values drop significantly.

I don't know enough about the fuel and timing curves to answer that..
talk to Jody? :dunno

gas engine with a flyweight distributor, I'm yer guy...

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I do too, but I want to be able to prove it. Might just pull them and send them to Beans. The thought of a rental car is not too exciting.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I need to update my sig. Had to drop a payment in order to suck up some of the loss we are going to take on the house when we move. I miss that car.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I pulled the chip Sunday and have been running without it all week. Up until yesterday morning, I had no miss cruising down the road but still had it when I revved the engine to 2300-2400 rpm when warmed up.

The last two mornings were in the low 30's. I felt the miss both mornings on the usual stretch of road.

Now I also have an oil leak from the bottom of the dipstick tube so I'm waiting a new tube and o-ring. (current one got mangled a while back so I cut it and the dipstick down) Truck payments are starting to become more appealing.

Up until yesterday morning I was beginning to think it was a tuning issue. Now I'm not sure. I have spoke with Jody a couple times and he is stumped as well. With the AE sample rate being as slow as it is I am unable to capture data as fast as I need to in order to see a miss.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Ran CCT and failed on #3 and #7 three times. Pulled injectors and swapped #3 and #1, #7 and #5, ran CCT and #1 failed.

swapped 1 & 3 and the miss went to #1..
right there you found your problem..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58