Engine running crappy

carm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
no tests on the injectors. Haven't been to ford yet, had it scanned at the trans place. Fuel filters changed at 67,000. air at 70,000. Had an Edge/attitude but took it off to eliminate it as the problem. Probalbly why I have the KAM code.

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem was similiar

I just had the same thing go on my 06 I thought it was the tranny but it also ran rough with so much black smoke couldn't see the pissed off BMW behind me. I have 82000 on mine in the last month they replace the front turbo assembly twice. The dealer says the parts are defective and Ford knows it ,that's my 2 cents

carm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update: Cleaned EGR & turbo. Neither was badly gunked up. Also changed fuel filter. No significant change in the way it runs.

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a intermittent EGR sticking I've seen lot's of them a simple thing to do is to disconnect the wiring at the EGR the light will come on but will go into fault mode drive it if the truck never has a problem again it's the EGR valve and you don't need it until it's time for emissions some people run a dummey EGR and some have a block off plate try that and let me know.

Last edited:

carm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try all that but after doing alot of reading I'm leaning toward the ficm. Went to start it one day and it seemed like the batteries were a little weak and from what I understand a voltage drop will damage the ficm. That make any sense?

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible but never seen low batts hurt a FICM. The EGR is simple to try and free just disconnect the wire on top it will stay closed. I have seen lot's of intermittent problems with EGR's and it will do what you are saying is going on. For your low batts you need to load test them and make sure they are good.

Last edited:

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's alway's a quick, easy, and most of all free check. I read somone talk about the cat. (being plugged) 2 15mm nut's, drops the cat down enough to drive a check. After that I can't think of anything else. With out having a scanner on it. You need to have PIDS checked. (sensors) Contribution test run. (checks injectors). VGT tests run. (checks turbo). Exhaust leaks on the charge pipes will cause low boost also. (2 pipes that come from exhaust and spool the turbo)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58