excessive oil consumption HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
excessive oil consumption HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Update

ok here is goes, Wed morning was about 20 deg out, did not plug truck in it started and ran fine. i let it idle for a minute and then about 2 blocks of driving was at idle because it was downhill residential area. turned onto the highway and went about 2.5mi down the road lost power and pulled over and died. got it restarted and was fine after that for the rest of the day and ran normal. Thursday about 15deg out not plugged in, started rough ran rough and had a bluish grey smoke thought ok its doing that because it is so cold. died about 1 min later got her started again and was fine the rest of the day and ran normal. friday morning 10 deg:cold 3 out had her plugged in and started like a champ and ran great almost all day got home and she was idling rough checked oil and figured i would be about a quart low cause that is about average burn off for a 5kmi oil change interval since i owned it and she was about 2 GAL LOW:( so i filled her up and went for a short test drive and everything seems to run fine. I do my own oil changes and i was due in about 500mi. there is the story
now i checked for any visual leaks cant find any havent pulled anything off cause my tools are at inlaws and it was cold as **** today and cant fit in there garage.ooh and when im driving there is no smoke out the exaust. its like someone is f-ing with me and drained some oil out of my truck, i do have a fumoto valve so it wouldnt be hard to do.
so where in the hell is it going:rant

Last edited:

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Viper,

Doesn't make sense, something weird going on. I know Ford has a dye they can use with a black light to trace leaks. Good luck with the problem.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
2 gallons isnt a leak or you'd surely see it. I wonder how your injector o-rings are.

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok well from the sound of it i need to change my injector orings but i need help i am in the omaha area and need to do this soon as it is my daily driver and my reliable vehicle is anyone available to help me out this weekend PLEASE

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
In the Omaha area you need to contact Rick with the Omaha Metro PSD club. Drom him an email. [email protected] He or another club member mibht be able to give you a hand with diagnosis of problem and with anything else that you may need.

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well after about 12 hours of 30 deg temps :freezing and 1 hydrolocked motor:rant i successfully changed all the injector orings with help of a chilton manual and got her running again,:D a little rough at first (guessing air in the lines purging out) ten went for a drive and she smoothed out now she runs quieter and smoother. Not bad for a diesel novice huh and luckily no damage was done when she hydrolocked :thumbs . while i was under there i decided to do the foil delete to the charge tube and now she really wistles :cool:

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
Cold????

Yeah I changed my injectors out yesterday in 5.5 hours (in jeans and a t-shirt, sweating my B--- off) 74 degrees!:tounge

i pulled the engine out of a Willys though in 10 below weather in a unheated garage in MN so I know what it's like, funny - I don't really miss that !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58