Excursion A/C Modification

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Heck with the A/C mod - How you doing ???
Obviously all worked out well in Sac.....

wish ya the best bud !
Yeah I just didn't want to leave ya'll hanging if I'm going to be down for a few weeks ;)

The neck work I expect to be flawless,my other half will be checking my emails/PM's for me in the meantime :sweet

I'll be back.........

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
A Saying you picked up while in Kalifornia ?!?!!? :p
That line goes way way back back but yes we'll be back from the left coast late next week :sweet

bigballrz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
?? OK now what

I insulated the AC lines under the hood but haven't done the lines to the back yet. If I put the insulation over the line there is no way that the plastic sheath will go over it, too fat. You also mentioned in another place that you put another fan on, first of all what does the fan do and where do you hook up the electrical portion of it? Thanks for the help, I'm in Arizona and it's 114 so I need all the help I can get.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the stuff....
but waited until it's too hot to work on it :)

Going to Memphis for the week of the 4th and maybe I'll bring the stuff to do it while up there :)
(can only "visit" with the in-laws for a few days - will need a break by then :) )
Hope my wife doesn't read this !!!!!

bigballrz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just about done with the insulation, I just need to go up over the front and rear wheels, which looks a little tricky by the way. Also, like I mentioned in my earlier post the split hose will not go over the insulation so I just went and bought a little bigger split hose. I'll probably finish this weekend.

bigballrz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
answer

I actually discovered this on another site, the diesel stop, under the same forum. There is a link that you can go to to see at least one picture. Under the hood was a piece of cake and even underneath wasn't so bad but I have yet to get up over the front and rear wheels. Also, once I put the insulation on the line it was too fat to get the plastic split hose back over it so I bought some bilge pump hose and split it, works great and looks clean. Maybe I purchased insulation that was too fat but it was 5/8ths ID and instead of using the hard foam I actually used AC insulation. It was softer and easy to work around bends in the lines. Good luck. If I can help in any way let me know.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Is the album for this mod finished? and, if so, where would I find it?
Thanks.
Jamie
Jamie didn't I give you the album link I did for the AC insulation work? If not here's my Photo Album :sweet

Insulating the AC lines is all my fault :doh:

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg