Excursion Tank

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Well the fill point on the tank faces the side and is above the frame level. If you run it to the plate it will be going up hill.

I pulled the Xmember/spare tire mount tonight and did a loose test fit. Fits like it was made to go there. I will weld up a front and rear cross member tomorrow to hold the tank and give more support to the chassis.The more I look at the hole where the tail light gores I think that is where the filler will be. SOme fab work yes , but it will be unique.

I will post up some pics tomorrow.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Ok ladies, I picked up the skid plate for the tank today. I will get plenty of pics tomorrow of the install. I will have to wait for the filler neck pics until the bed is back from paint. So far this is a pretty easy mod and the benefits will things like better weight balance and room for my airtanks and Horns.:sly

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where be the install pics? "TDS pic gallery says: You do not have permission to view this category."

Thanks,

Al

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Either has been set to Private(if selectable),deleted or you have to be logged in to view over at that site.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Odd, I had the Photos on Photobucket and it's linking to Diesel stop. I also can't view page 3.

DIESELBuildPics14.jpg

DIESELBuildPics13.jpg

DIESELBuildPics11.jpg

DIESELBuildPics2.jpg

I don't think I have any of the filler, but I made a custom mount in the corner of the bed right behind the taillight. I really wanted to run it through the taillight and I may still, but it is where it is for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58