Excursions, why buy anything else?

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
The X does it all for us (2 and 2 plus 1 more in August). While admiring my truck, a friend asked if there was anywhere the X wouldn't go. I just told him "only my garage."

The look on folks' faces when hearing my reply to their "sucks to fill it up" comments are priceless! No one can believe the mileage a diesel gets.

To those who can't handle driving a big truck....well, get a minivan. :roflmao I'm happy with my X! :thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Great to see ya checking in TE :sweet

Ya'll filling up the seats in the Excursion there,congrats on the soon to be addition to the family :thumbs

What I like best is the miles per fillup range we get with the Excursions but it's the great MPG we get that is tops :cowboy:

Bill

erlong

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My first diesel truck was a '97 F250. From that point on I was hoping for a diesel-powered SUV and when the Excursion came out in 2000, I traded in the F250. 141,000 miles and still going. :) Our German Shepherd loves it, too. :thumbs

jjtproperty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
love my 01 so much I am taking it back from the wife and buying her an 02. Says she is tired of all the funny noises it makes and all the switches and buttons. Like I am gonna leave hers stock. :D :D

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Howdy all, new to the site and so far I like it!
I got my X in Feb, its my first Ford in 10 years, its my first diesel and I'm loving it. My dad has an 03 F350 6.0 and after driving his a few times I was sold on the Powerstroke. I have a club cab ram (its for sale now) and it was hard to haul the dog and people so the X was perfect. The dog fits better, I can take people with me also, and it will TOW. I started modding mine and now my dad's gotten bit by the bug and we are working on his also. Its an addiction, but a fun one. :thumbs

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
I got my X in Feb, its my first Ford in 10 years, its my first diesel and I'm loving it. My dad has an 03 F350 6.0 and after driving his a few times I was sold on the Powerstroke. I have a club cab ram (its for sale now) and it was hard to haul the dog and people so the X was perfect. The dog fits better, I can take people with me also, and it will TOW. I started modding mine and now my dad's gotten bit by the bug and we are working on his also. Its an addiction, but a fun one. :thumbs

A very warm welcome. And, oh yeah! This stuff is addictive. My truck was stock until I found most of these people at the Dieselstop. (The fact that I was foolish enough to listen to them is a tribute to my character :roflmao )

Rachel's Ex has been kept stock except for tires. Now have a new 05 on order, judgeing (sp) from the way she reacts when she drives mine, I'll be modding hers in no time. (The giggle she gets when she drives mine is priceless! :D )

Enjoy it!

Barrett

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
Welcome aboard BigDaddyTank! Great to have you with our community :sweet

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58