Excursions, why buy anything else?

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love Mine!!

This is the first stock vehicle I have owned since my 1985 black Mustang GT with T-Tops that people passing me by on the road do a double take and give me a thumbs up with a big smile on their face :thumbs That's a great feeling and sometimes I feel like I am in high school again :ZigBang: Thats real important since I just turned the big 40 today! :doh:
I am currently trying to sell my 97 Exploder and was showing it to a guy the other day and had a hard time getting him to focus on it instead of my X that was dwarfing it. He kept asking me questions about it instead!
I also love the look on peoples faces when I tell them the MPG this thing gets, especially the ones that say "must suck filling that thing up everyday" :nutkick:

HooWhaa! What a truck!! (or SUV, I guess)

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Happy birthday!
It is cool, I notice other X's alot more now that I'm driving one. Everytime I see one I see the driver checking X out while I'm checking his X out. :sweet Every Super Duty person I have met will always come over and look at it and say "Thats sweet" and start checking it out. The only other vehicle that I have ever owned that got any kind of response like that was a 73 Roadrunner.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW haulin8or !!!!

That's a "pull-behin" you got there !!!!
Haven't seen many that dwarf the X like that !

Do you need landing lights when you head into the driveway :)

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
WOW haulin8or !!!!

That's a "pull-behin" you got there !!!!
Haven't seen many that dwarf the X like that !

Do you need landing lights when you head into the driveway :)

Yeah, it's a big'un! The X handles it well. The X and the trailer weigh roughly the same weight, so the trailer does not man-handle the X at all. Coupled with a Hensley Arrow Hitch, there is no sway. I run down the road at about 75 mph. Semi's don't bother me when they pass. With the tow/haul and the diesel it makes it one nice rig to drive, even up and down mountains. :cowboy:
My wife and I do use 2-way radios when we have to back into sites! :rolleyes:

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Just like Mastertech I loved them from day 1 but it took me till 02 to be able to get one. I hated getting rid of my 91 Bronco but didn't have the room or $ to keep both. Man that Bronco was fun. Mine fits in the garage barely. I've been parking it there since it was new and still have to watch the garage door come down everyday in fear it will hit. Sometimes I watch the door come down even when I havn't moved it :dunno . The old tennis ball from the ceiling trick works, but one inch past the ball and I'm in the kitchen. The wife wasn't going for a kitchen mod so it's real close.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, gonna say it again! Whoaa, what a SUV! :notworthy Just pulled in lastnight from a vacation run with the camper to Newtown, PA to Hershey, PA and back down the 107 mile stretch of the Skyline Drive (3,500' ele.) and Blueridge Parkway (only 150 miles of the 400 of it) back to Atlanta. :drive I think I was pushin' closer to 18k # GCVW on this trip (had a 200# mother-in-law and all her baggage with us) All in all put around 2,600 miles on the beast. All I can say is the 6.0 loves to run hard, I had none of the surging issues while I was towing the entire trip. It does not like to be pamper driven.
One thing that kept occuring to me as I was driving down the Interstates and the scenic highways was what a shame they are retiring this vehicle in 06 :( What other SUV on the market will be able to handle that kinda load! Tis' Sad!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58