Exploded? 6.0

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Voiding the ENGINE warranty because of a SUSPENSION lift?

The guy is jerking your chain. If your tuner wasn't visible when he inspected the vehicle, and he didn't blame a tuner, you are being snowed. Get with your state attorney general office or consider a good lawyer.

Dealers here SELL brand new trucks with suspension lifts. I really doubt they would void the entire warranty on a new truck if merely lifting the truck is all it took.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
6.0dragon said:
it's never been over 1350 for more than 2 to 3 min. do you think that would do it? my EGT sensor is in the bottom of my exhaust manifold on the drivers side stuck looking right into that rear cly.
!! i hope you mean seconds and not minutes. you can run all day long at 1250, but anything over that and you will quickly start sending things south.. several minutes at 1350 degrees is NOT GOOD

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
jimmypage said:
i love do double stack you can tell a big difference i alwas have the evo on race and the i run around town with the platinum on level 3 it has a ton of power once in a while i will go to 5 just for fun:thumbs if you like a lot of smoke as well that will do the trick
i cant run on level 5 for more that a few seconds and my egt's go skyhigh and it goes to 100% backdown. how do you keep your egts low ?

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0dragon said:
I have been having problems starting my 6.0 in the mornings. It cranks longer and when is starts sounds like it's running on 7 cyl. I pukes grey and white smoke and smells like hell. As of yeasterday it pukes grey smoke all the time.
I have 35,800 miles on it so it's still under warr. I'm a little scared to take it in because of the banks and AFE intake upgrades. I removed all things "EDGE" off it. I Guess does anyone know if I burned up my 6.0?

Jamie

No, it's no longer under warranty!~! You voided that the minute you installed all that Programming and banks stuff. Take it like a man, take it to the dealer and say fix what I have Screwed up!! Pay them and Thank them!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Please watch your language Ivtitan, this is a family site and you are in violation of the bylaws.

Dave

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Aluminum melt at 1220 F, the piston must be some Al alloy, no?

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Please watch your language Ivtitan, this is a family site and you are in violation of the bylaws.

Dave
what are you talking about ? i dont see anything offensive i may have written in those two posts ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58