Exploded? 6.0

6.0dragon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been having problems starting my 6.0 in the mornings. It cranks longer and when is starts sounds like it's running on 7 cyl. I pukes grey and white smoke and smells like hell. As of yeasterday it pukes grey smoke all the time.
I have 35,800 miles on it so it's still under warr. I'm a little scared to take it in because of the banks and AFE intake upgrades. I removed all things "EDGE" off it. I Guess does anyone know if I burned up my 6.0?

Jamie

Last edited:

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck is in the shop and i meet with the ford regional engineer and he looked at my truck ( a real prick by the way) adn said cause my lift and stuff it denies all warrenties i have the intake he said be carefull and keep if oiled so it doesent suck it stuff which is a load of crap if you oil them it will ruin your MAS but i took of my edge stuff and the dealer hasnt said a single thing that i had them on there the dealer and ford wont do anything for me cause my truck has mods on it good luck man

6.0dragon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. jimmypage. How did you like the Stacked evo. I've been thinking of doing it if FORD don't kick my butt and I send my heads to ATS.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
The reason I ask... I recall seeing some burnt/busted pistons on the 6.0, if they have the Star pattern on them FOMOCO will $hit can your warranty, from what i remember, the condition can only happen on a chipped/programmed truck. The EGT's get too high... and then bad things happen.

6.0dragon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it's never been over 1350 for more than 2 to 3 min. do you think that would do it? my EGT sensor is in the bottom of my exhaust manifold on the drivers side stuck looking right into that rear cly.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
2-3 min... or seconds.... that is a long time to be over the 1300 mark... when I hit the 1300 mark... while towing, I will back out... I try to keep (on those long hot hills) my egts around 1200-1250 with an occational spike that might hit 1300 for a sec or 2... never minutes.

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love do double stack you can tell a big difference i alwas have the evo on race and the i run around town with the platinum on level 3 it has a ton of power once in a while i will go to 5 just for fun:thumbs if you like a lot of smoke as well that will do the trick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58