Extended Warranty Pricing

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Where have you all found the best deal on Extended Warranty? I am only looking at the genuine Ford ESP. Best deal I have found online is at fordwarrantys.com They are currently offering $180 discount. Price is $1,720 on 7yr/75,000mi Ford ESP PremiumCare with a $50 deductible. I am just price shopping as I already know that I don't want anything other than Ford ESP PremiumCare. Any other place that offers lower prices?

By the way $100 deductible is only $80 less so the $50 deductible makes sense but the $0 deductible is $230 more than the $50. If this rig hits the shop more than four times in the next four years the $0 would be better but I am going to take that chance.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Called the local dealer today and they gave me a $2800 price. Told them about the on-line price and they told me they would match it. Fastest $1080 price drop I ever seen..

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm I am still unhappy about the dealings I had with them a month or two ago so we will have to see. I suppose the warranty/service department is separate from the sales department but it is still the same owner. I have until mid December to purchase the warranty. They should probably beat the price rather than match it?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If they matched I would be happy, but as you said..... same dealer/owner will be same shennanigans down the road most likely.

wheelhopper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What year truck is this for? My '08 came with a 6/100K mile engine warranty, 5/60K remainder of drivetrain warranty, and a 3/36K complete. I was happy with that.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
This is for a 05' that came with 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper. Current warranty will run out mid December when it hits 3yrs.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Crumm, this post of mine came from another thread. There is yet one more thread which the guys were comparing ESP pricing, but I haven't found it yet.

You mean this one?
Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP

Notice you can only get the 13 point plan after 12k miles.
If I am reading it correctly you have to pay an extra $100 if you purchase the warranty after the first 12K miles. Notice the asterisk is by the price for both plans.
I think it is important that we make sure we are comparing apple-to-apples before comparing pricing.
I have been talking to my local dealer about the ESP options. Just to clarify...

Diesel EngineCARE Plus:
  • The eligibility period for the purchase of a Diesel EngineCare Plus 21 item coverage plan is within the 3 yr / 36,000 mile warranty period.
  • Plans sold beyond 12 months or 12,000 miles add $100 to price. (My local dealer was willing to wave this fee)

Diesel EngineCARE:
  • The eligibility period for the purchase of a Diesel EngineCare 13 item coverage plan is within the 5 yr / 100,000 mile diesel engine warranty period.
  • Plans sold beyond 12 months or 12,000 miles add $100 to price. (My local dealer was willing to wave this fee)

I have read several posts where members claim to have paid far less for their ESP. Can anyone confirm the price they paid for either of these two plans?

Also, any help in finding the threads where that pricing was discussed would certainly be appreciated!
Thanks!

I am attaching the scanned form plan brochure that I got from my dealer. Plz pardon the check-marks, as that is how it came to me!

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Thanks. I purchased the esp back in October :sweet fordwarrantys had the best price I could find at that time.

Crumm, did you get the DieselCare ESP??? Mind if I ask what you gave for it @fordwarrantys? I am trying to gain an understanding of how these are being priced out in the marketplace.

Can anybody refer me to a dealer with competitive pricing for the DieselCare ESP???

I was able to get $1670 here at my local dealer..

Thanks~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58