Extending Overload spring perches

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yes I have rear airbags too. I run them at 50psi with the camper and close to zero without.

Brings me to a question there RoyBoy. What kind of axle do you have in the rear of your truck? I forget when you did the conversion did you just add duals or did you change the axle. Reason I ask is that I will be a bit over the GVWR of my truck once I get it all loaded up. I am around 4,700/5,800=10,500 now but once I add water, food and supplies I will be around 11,500 which is a couple of thousand over the GVWR. I have changed out the tires to ones rated at 3,860 and beefed up the suspension so I am good there but what can I haul on the rear axle without breaking it? I am going to be pushing the 6,800 mark with the camper full and the boat hooked up.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Crumm, I used the wheel spacers and the original OEM axle. I think the rear axles themselves are rated for at least 6830 lbs. I've had at least 7820 on mine here,
that was before the dual conversion. Now that the duals are on, the stress is actually a little higher on the axle, as the wheel centers are pushed out from the hubs. Our trucks do have different axles, but the general capacities should be about the same...

Let me know if you break yours... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58