Extreme Ammount of Noise Coming Through CB Radio

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Tbar, see I'm just the opposite. My Yaesu HF/VHF is doing just fine. But then again, I keep the squelch turned all the way up to where I don't hear anything but the repeaters, lol. It does have a lot of noise with the squelch down.

Factory am/fm radio ok.....Uniden CB ok......

Kenwood D700 UHF/VHF has no problems.

Icom 706MKIIG HF rig is the one giving me fits.

Tbar

linx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As I said, 3 different radios, 3 antennas, all new aircraft quality coax. All no-go.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ok try this.....disconnect the alternator wiring, and run the engine and see if it still makes noise. the battery light should come on while its running. i know you said you changed the alt. and it should have fixed the problem if it was that. im just curious, and it sounds like your out of ideas.

linx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try today, and I'll let you know.

linx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Zookie:

I have 3 sets of wiring going into the alternator. One clip in wiring is a set of 3 wires. One clip in wire is a single wire, and then I have the wire that bolts in and goes strait to the battery. I unhooked both the clip ones, and nothing happened as far as the sound changing. The battery light did come on, and I dropped in voltage, but nothing else. I didn't remove the cableing going to the battery from the alternator b/c I didn't have any tools with me. Should I try removing it?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
try this.run a ground from the coax connector on the radio to the body of the truck.just use a hose clamp to hold the wire to the connector.dont have much help for ya cuz mine is dead quiet in the 95.but the 94 has noise like you have and i have yet to figure it out in 6 years.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
no i think what you did was good enough, unfortunatly your noise was still there, as we pretty much expected. if you are bored and have tools available maybe try taking the big one off, but i think what you did was enough to disable it from charging, its not all fresh in my mind though.

is there anyway you could get some good audio uploaded for us to hear?

im starting to think it could be something with the IDM, not so much that you have a failed unit, but if some idm's are producing radio noise for some silly reason. would you be able to swap idm's with a friend?

linx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Zookie:

I have a couple spare 7.3 powerstrokes from around the same year. Where is the IDM located so I can spot it and swap it out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58