Help Needed F-450 radiator

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that happens every time you get a loaner. Ford can't afford to have a bunch of trucks for loaners. Plus the people who own Focuses won't want to drive a BIG OLD TRUCK for their loaners.

Dave:dunno

Ha my dealers has super duty loaners for us! I love my dealer. Now i just wish i had a Ford...

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a F450 for my business and it has been having the same issue. I took delivery of it about a month and a half ago and its on its 2radiator. Soon to be third i believe. The dealer wont look into what is causing it they just replace it with the same damn one and when ever i am out on a job site way out somewhere it never fails it starts leaking. My intercooler also partially blew about 3weeks after i got it. I am so glad its under warranty lol.

I miss my 7.3 since my 7.3 never had these problems, and when i first got my 6.0 i thought id never say this but hell i miss my 6.0 lol.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got the focus till tomm , dealer is replacing my radiator and re sealing my power steering box get it tomm at 5

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still didnt get my truck back they called today around lunchtime saying they didnt get the parts so possibly today i will get it back im gonna get a answer on this leaking radiator cause and mention about what i hear from you guys and also the leaky powersteering , i swear if they dont give me heaven i will raise hell ! , i got work to do i didnt get a f-350 just to joyride it ah anyways ill let you guys know what BS they give me when i got get it

mattski

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
haven't had any issues with my power steering fluid - and also never had any issues with my '08 450 unless i was towing something. Just took the 40' toy hauler to the desert last weekend and did not have any problems w/ radiator but then it usually lasts 5-7k miles or so. I have a business trip up northern california next week and am taking the trailer and the whole family so I hope that the truck gets us there and back fine. I am in so. cal. so it is a long trip. i'll let ya' know. Johnkid - all i can suggest so far is to ask for the Venturee T recall part be installed.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Mattski yea i got that Venturee T recall part be installed the radiator started leaking almost 2 weeks after the job was performed i still got my rental and i asked the service manager what the root cause could be and he just said a seam on the radiator has a hairline fracture and they are replaceing it thats bs but i didnt say anything i want my truck back so they say it will be done today we will see haha . anyways safe trip man!

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they replaced the radiator didnt give me a root cause and didnt wash it when they gave it back , but hahah took it back and they washed it , lets see how long this one lasts !

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Yeah, that happens every time you get a loaner. Ford can't afford to have a bunch of trucks for loaners. Plus the people who own Focuses won't want to drive a BIG OLD TRUCK for their loaners.

Dave:dunno

Ha my dealers has super duty loaners for us! I love my dealer. Now i just wish i had a Ford...

Not sure if this applies in either case here, but keep in mind, there is a big difference between a "loaner" and a "rental". Most dealerships have a rental agency right onsite (mine has Enterprise. If not, there is usually one in town they work with. Very few dealerships have a fleet of loaner cars. You usually only see a fleet of loaners at luxury car dealerships. It is far cheaper for a dealer to put someone in a rental that to buy a vehicle and loan it out.

Most rental outlets have a wide array of vehicles to meet the needs of their customers, but specific models are not always available. In addition, the dealer is rarely going to decide to put you in a $60/day rental when they can put you in a $30/day rental. You are usually free to pay the diference and upgrade though!

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
These dealer service departments can sure be lazy. You will probably have to do your own research, look under some rocks, and find the answer to your radiator issues..then take that info to your dealer to get it fixed for good.

Cronic problems are not just imaginary. Something inherent is causing it, and it seems like these service guys aren't trying too hard to figure it out.

I am fortunate to have a good relationship with my service manager. We are on a forst name basis, and he usually goes the extra yard for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64