F350 front end

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I cant fig out why my front end on the pass side keeps popping I changed out the plasket saddles it stoped for about 2 weeks now its back. CAN anyone give me some other ideas on this its driveing me popping crazy .:confused:

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
R-U sure its the Saddle pads?.... another possible problem... loose Nuckle bolts, Front Bearing getting goofy, tie Rod ends, possible play in the steering box..... But if your sure its from the Sping set, you may want to check for rubbing of an Exahust component, as when it tweeks it may give the impression of the suspention but it could be some simple bind and rub....

JeffHK454

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not the unit-bearing front hub? Or the bal joints? I have put them in my truck and they both made a " popping " sound when bad.

JeffH

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it only when you turn or all the time? mines doin a popoin noise too, i replaced the ball joints wasnt it. so when a was washing the mud off one week end i notice the drag link dust boot was ripped. when i grabbed ahold of it it clonked. found my pop. and it only does it when i turn L or R.

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
I've got as popping on my driver side. It's a bad tie rod end. Only makes the noise when wet or damp. Have had the new one in the garage for 3 months, just no time to put it on.

Dan

Ford Doctor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check your sway bar bushings (and end links). I have seen many of the bushings loosen and cause a knocking sound over bumps. It takes very little wear for them to make noise and you can only feel the looseness with the truck on the ground. The reason the noise may have gone away is that you may have moved the sway bar when installing your spring tip isolators and it has now settled back into position.

Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14