F350 PowerStroke Diesel Weight

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just told that the F250 PSD 4x4 weighs 8000 pounds. Is that right?
What about a F350 PSD s/c long bed 4x4? What do they weigh? I am going to have to find a scale.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Mine weighed in around 40,000 lbs :sweet

Oh, wait a minute, that was loaded :sorry

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama's crewcab should weigh more than mine, if he has the long bed. Automatic transmission weighs more than a standard. So somewhere between 6800 and 7800 pounds. I will find a scale and weigh it. At 40,000 pounds Royboy needs to go on a diet. :roflmao

My truck has a GCWR of 23,000 pounds... Royboy,,, how do you get yours to move at 40,000 pounds... better yet,,, how do you stop it??:eek:
At that weight, I would probably be buying a new clutch every other day.
This whole thing started when a friend said that a 100 gallon aux. fuel tank in the bed would weigh to much when pulling a 5er. He said that when his 5er is loaded, the weight on the hitch is 2000 pounds. Adding the weight of the 100 gallon fuel tank "full" and he says that it would overload the truck. I would think that the limiting factor would be the tires, not the truck. 100 gallons at 8 pounds per gallon= 800 pounds plus the weight of the fuel tank. Aluminum fuel tank should be under 100 pounds. So no more than 3,000 pounds total in the bed.

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
You're right, I could use a diet :D

Starting and stopping at 40k is not for the faint of heart, but it is reasonably possible, you gotta have good brakes, and an exhaust brake :sweet

Just replaced the original clutch at 221,000 miles. It was not slipping or anything, the dealer said it was worn down, and as the motor was out, we put it in. This truck has pulled trailers for about 90% of it's miles, but only maybe 1000 of those were at or around 40K. They were in the last 20K , though. ;)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, I could use a diet :D

Starting and stopping at 40k is not for the faint of heart, but it is reasonably possible, you gotta have good brakes, and an exhaust brake :sweet

Just replaced the original clutch at 221,000 miles. It was not slipping or anything, the dealer said it was worn down, and as the motor was out, we put it in. This truck has pulled trailers for about 90% of it's miles, but only maybe 1000 of those were at or around 40K. They were in the last 20K , though. ;)

Sounds like to me that;

1. You have a great truck.
2. You are a very good driver.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama;

I would think that the crew cab short bed would be heavier than the extended cab with the 8 ft. bed, but I will check my trucks weight as soon as I can find a scale around here. Another factor is the fuel tank. On the crew cab short bed trucks, do you have the 28 or 38 gallon fuel tank? If the short beds have the 28 gallon tank, then I would think that my truck might be heavier when full of fuel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58