Factory Nav system in '06 F250

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a factory Ford Nav unit in an '06? I've got the in-dash 6 disc with steering wheel controls, and just picked up an '06 Ford Explorer for my wife that had the Nav system in it. At first, she said I could swap the radios, but after playing with the radio for a while, she said 'no way, this thing is COOL'. ....women.....:rolleyes: Anyway, anyone here successfully installed one in there '06 with the steering wheel controls? I've found them on Ebay for around $800 - $1600. I know the new version of the navigation disc (6P) includes Alaska and Hawaii, so now I'm really motivated.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Isn't there more to it than just the head unit? I would think that there is a gps antenna and stuff?

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen the antenna and adapter that I'd need, that wouldn't be a problem. I know there are aftermarket systems, but I really like the factory one. But being able to play DVD's, though, that may convince me to go aftermarket, didn't think of that. Thanks!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to mention w/ aftermarket youll be able to add a back up camera,
and other devices....ipod, usb, sat radio...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
not to poop on the aftermarket
but the dvd indash nav in the edge is a dvd player, etc and will play mp3, ipodies,

if you want to keep the FORD looks

i for one would shop around and get one with the features you will USE..

Hungry&Fat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
not to mention w/ aftermarket youll be able to add a back up camera,
and other devices....ipod, usb, sat radio...

You can get a piece made by axxess that allows you to use your factory nav with an aftermarket back up camera, allows dvd playback, ipod, etc... Basically anything you want to add that is not an option on the radio. Someone is less likely to rip off your factory radio than a nice aftermarket piece.

Reaction score
Yes this question came up with my buddy yesterday he wants to put an 08 factory nav in his 07 king ranch i know he has to get the antenna and all. is it possible.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a piece made by axxess that allows you to use your factory nav with an aftermarket back up camera, allows dvd playback, ipod, etc... Basically anything you want to add that is not an option on the radio. Someone is less likely to rip off your factory radio than a nice aftermarket piece.

agreed...the factory system will run you more to
begin w/...PLUS the add ons.

the only reason i suggested the aftermarket stuff
is because the factory nav system is 1) expensive
and 2) not very common (so the price is up there even
w/ units on ebay)

Hungry&Fat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You are most definately right about cost. About the only way to do it without breaking the bank is to get lucky on a deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58