Family

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This website is like an extended family. I have not met one person on this site, but find that everyone has something to share, and I look forward to reading all your posts. There are some really good people on this site, and I am glad that I am part of it.
Have a great day, and I hope all problems are small ones.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Are you gettin all sappy and sentimental on us? Aren't you supposed to be driving cross country by now???

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you gettin all sappy and sentimental on us? Aren't you supposed to be driving cross country by now???

Yep... Every once and a while I think about how fortunate we all are, to live in this great country, and be able to do all the things we do.

Our cross country trip is postponed until after I mend from the next surgery. I have the other hip replaced in September, so I should be good to go next summer.
When we take our trip, I don't want to be hobbling around in pain.
Last year we took a cruise to Alaska before the first surgery, and I was in lots of pain, and did not enjoy the trip as much as I could have if healthy, so when on this extended round the USA trip, I want to be pain free.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
ah shoot max, is it group hug time again??? :D

your're gonna be the six million dollar man after all your "HIP" mods you been doin.

i know whatcha mean about be a close group on here. i have no doubt that if i was in a jam, someone on here would help me out. :thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
stop I am getting all teary eyed :D :D :D

I to enjoy reading about our extended family here, so many good folks and good stories.
Enjoy your exploration of our great country

:thumbs :thumbs

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
extended family group hug :)

it is true too, what Maxtor said. I havent had the opportunity to meet anyone from here yet either. not that many left coasters here

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have had the pleasure or horror, how ever you look at it, of meeting powerboatr (robert) i needed therapy after that visit. :eek:

also jharvey (john) over in marietta, ga (twice to be exact)
he takes some awesome photos of nature, animals, and diesels draggin down the strip,
and can fix a vacuuum cleaner like nobodies business :thumbs

and drchris (chris), he came to my house to pick-up a PSD that we hauled for him out of TX.

hope to meet more in the future :sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before we leave next year, I want to get a map on where everyone is, so I can see as many of you as I can. Anyone near Grand Canyon?, Fort Worth?, Pawhuska?, Branson?, Memphis?, Daytona Beach?, Kingsbury?, Someplace in Michigan?, Rapid City?, Yellowstone?, Salem?, or in between any of these cities?
These are the cities that we will be in for sure. Just not sure where in Michigan we will be. We will be going up from the bottom of the state up into Canada, then over to North Dakota, then down to Rapid City. We will be staying in each of those cities for at least a couple of days and up to two weeks in some, like Branson and Fort Worth.

I just hope the weather next year will be better than this year across the country. This year, floods, tornado's etc. all over the place.

Bama,,, I think I have passed the six million dollar man,,, I do not have many stock parts left. Thyroid, spleen, lenses in both eyes, left hip, and soon to be right hip.

But... I am not complaining,,, I am very happy to be alive and enjoying life.
:thumbs

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean Max. I don't post much, but I enjoy reading. The only thing that makes me sad is reading about the people getting to go to Salt Lick for the best BBQ I've ever had... :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it here, Glad that I found it right after I got my new truck in July of 2005. Have met many of the ones on here and I am sure that I will meet Bama and others one of these days.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58