Fan clutch

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
how in the heck to you get to the back of all of it? seems like the fan/fan housing is in the way and there wouldnt be a whole lot of room to get back in there.

just blow in there with compressed air..
I cobbed up a blow gun with a piece of brake line for just this purpose..

then use the garden hose from the back side to wash the junk out..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how in the heck to you get to the back of all of it? seems like the fan/fan housing is in the way and there wouldnt be a whole lot of room to get back in there.

**Peel back the shroud thing between the Grill & Radiator support..

just blow in there with compressed air..
I cobbed up a blow gun with a piece of brake line for just this purpose..

then use the garden hose from the back side to wash the junk out..

What JLD said. Or....

Harbor Freight (or the like) sells a Blow Gun, w/ 24" extension tube.

Home Depot (or the like) sells an adjustable Fan spray thingy, on a 18" extension.

Wally World (or the like) sells an 8" wide Scrub Brush w/2" inch bristles that will adjust to 90* (almost flat)

All the Above will Gitr Dun.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea, just seems like its pretty easy to get to the condensor once you pull off that black plastic suff that goes around the hood latch. getting to the radiator just seems like it would take a little more work. i've done the best i can before, but who knows who much good it is doing.

in any case...there is no doubt on my next truck, ill be buying some window screen and putting it up in front of all of the coolers and grill holes etc to keep this from getting all gummed/chipped up.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, just seems like its pretty easy to get to the condensor once you pull off that black plastic suff that goes around the hood latch. getting to the radiator just seems like it would take a little more work. i've done the best i can before, but who knows who much good it is doing.

**Yul find that the Radiator won't be that dirty.. just dirt/dust that will come off with water being srayed from the fan side. Get it wet.. let it set.. spray it off. The Consensor takes 90% of the "Hits".

in any case...there is no doubt on my next truck, ill be buying some window screen and putting it up in front of all of the coolers and grill holes etc to keep this from getting all gummed/chipped up.

JMO JR, but ya gota be kinda careful with "Bug Screens" you can get into some overheating probs..PDQ. Cuts down the airflow ?

A real GOOD.. 2~3 times a year.. (depending on yer bug population) scrub off with a brush.. anda back-wash with the garden hose is the way to go. Just good PM type stuff.:dunno

Yallz Call Though ?

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14