Fast Idle Switch

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you want to do is hook the Blue/white wire to a switch and the other side of the switch to +12 volts. When the +12 volts is hooked to the blue/white wire the truck goes to high idle.

Dave
Thanks Dave! :hail I will be doing that next weekend for sure! :sweet Is it easy to find the blue/white wire under the dash? What area should I look?

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Thanks Dave! :hail I will be doing that next weekend for sure! :sweet Is it easy to find the blue/white wire under the dash? What area should I look?

I'll save you two hours of looking and tell you that the blue/white wire doesn't exist on Excursions. F250's and 350's yes, X's no.

Bottom line, you've got to run the blue/white wire yourself from the PCM to under the dash. Everything is explained in this thread, just read through the comments and it'll make sense. About 5 or 6 of us struggled through this last year and finally figured it out! It's not too bad once you're armed with the knowledge on how to make it work on the X. The hookup is the same on all X's with the 6.0, regardless of model year.

PM me if you have any questions--glad to help.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
just gotta say great post there bruce. thats one of the things i luv about SDD.com.

other fellow members goin all out to help out and not afraid to share their info on projects they may have sweated over for several hours.

major props to ya bruce. :sweet :goodjob

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
just gotta say great post there bruce. thats one of the things i luv about SDD.com.

other fellow members goin all out to help out and not afraid to share their info on projects they may have sweated over for several hours.

major props to ya bruce. :sweet :goodjob

That's the least I can do! When it comes to the advice department from SDD.com, I've taken a helluva lot more than I've given!!

I just wish I'd grabbed more connectors from the dealership so I could send Haulin8or one, but I could only salvage a couple and both got used on X's at the time. :dunno

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the least I can do! When it comes to the advice department from SDD.com, I've taken a helluva lot more than I've given!!

I just wish I'd grabbed more connectors from the dealership so I could send Haulin8or one, but I could only salvage a couple and both got used on X's at the time. :dunno

Yes, thanks for chiming in on this thread Bruce! After reading the post on that mod, I wish you had a couple more too :D Thanks for that info, I still want to do this. Who did you speak with or ask at the dealer? The parts dept? a service writer? I used to know someone at the parts dept. at my local dealer but he is gone now :cussing: I don't have any contacts at the dealers around here as I usually do everything myself, and knock on wood, have not had to take it in for any warranty issues in a long, long time.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
The high idle switch is great. I idle mine on fast idle about 14 hours straight during the winter - yes, I can afford the fuel.

I agree with what was said above, about starting the truck and kicking it to high idle to warm it up/cool it off inside, but you might want to start it up, and let it idle for a few seconds before you kick the motor up to 1200rpm... especially if it's REALLY cold outside. something about the cold makes the oil nice and thick, and oil don't flow that well when it's thick.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
read me
its the ford site info on wire colors and resistors for the batter charge protect or the pto high idle

i have since a few weeks ago removed my pto high idle function and rely soley on the battery charge protec circuit for high idle

oh and FWIW batt charge protect will ramp up to 1200 rpm, and will vary engine speed anywhere between 1200 rpm up to around 2400 rpm MAX based on electrical load demand
i have yet had it run any faster than 1200, even when the batteries where pretty low on charge.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score

ill second that....and we know what you mean bama....i just wish i could find the time to get on more often....you guys are the best friends superduty owners could have!!!:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58