finally got me a car!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the junkyard i got it from sold the window regulator out of the drivers door.whoever took it out left the door open and closed it with the panel hanging out and broke that as well.so they gave me a regulator and door panel for it with it.itll cost me 100.00 to have it cleaned so no big deal.

got a price on the frame work.so far i got a quote of around 500 to have it all straightened.2 shops looked at it and both said i dont need half of what the appraisal said.plus like already stated they gave me all the pieces i need for it with it.so i grabbed a trunk lid and bumper cover from a GT today.tomorrow im gonna go cut the back of the car off so i have the tail panel and stuff incase the shop wants one for it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well i started tweakin it myself.tired of waiting for someone to decide when they want to tkae it and get it done.i need it asap!!the tranny in my 94 f450 is on its way out again.made a couple pulls with the ramp truck.chained it down to the bed and jacked the frame rails back up.gave a little tug on the tail panel and most of the 1/4 damage came right out.15 minutes and i now have the 1/4s just about perfect,the trunk closes and almost lines up perfect with the 1/4s.gonna borrow a porta power today to push the tail panel out where its supposed to be wich should then suck the trunk lid down where it goes and pull the passengers 1/4 completely back to where it should be.its still abouyt an 1/8" off.i also went to the junkyard yesterday and cut the back end off of another car.im gonna replace the bent section of the passengers frame rail.easy to do as it is already spliced from the factory and it bent before the splice.

oh and i put 20 bux in the tank yesterday and it gave me 1/2 tank of gas!!!:eek::D:sweet im so excited,cant wait till its done and driving!!!

heres some more pictures of it 2000 pontiac Grand Am pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots the last few are from after i got done tweaking it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
here it with the tail panel removed and the new panel almost ready to be grafted in.the passengers side trunk floor needs to come up some more and i need to replace the rear section of the frame rail.if i can get my argon bottle filled tomorrow it may be ready for paint tomorrow night.:D:D:D:D

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well lets see if the pictures will upload this time.and here is a picture with the tail panel in place almost ready for welding.gotta little more trimming and straightening to do.but shes lookin good already.all frame work done with my ramptruck!!gotta love portable frame machines :D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
project seems to be comin' right along...good to see
you excited and gettin' after it !

im a bit shocked (or maybe not) at the amount of
rust on that 8yr old car !

hey whats up w/ the dodge in the background...that
thing is SERIOUSLY covered w/ mud !

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the dodge is a recovered theft find in a mud puddle.ya the rust is a little bad on the car.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya the rust is a little bad on the car.

i mean hey for no more than youll have in it who could complain right !
just another reason for me to stay away from gm...i guess what bothers
me most is that the rust is hidden for the most part...note to self...
gotta be sure to really get under used cars and inspect 'em well !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14