Finally Sat In A 2008 PowerStroke F450 KR

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten by one of the dealers to take a truck out Wayne?-popcorn

Not yet Bill. Actually I was there two or three weeks ago and got the PSD serviced, but had other things to do, so I didn't get to drive one. I did talk to my salesman and asked him if he's driving one yet. At the time he said he's on his second one. He sold the first one after putting only 400 miles on it. I'll get by there soon and get him to let me drive one. I've known him for about 21 years. When I need to drive something, he'll give me the key and let me go.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the Dallas Auto Show today, The Sierra sure resembles the 99-04 SD's.

Im glad someone else noticed this!! i was looking at one the other day driving by and said...why is that duramax looking good to me??....i kept looking and then it hit!! It looks just like the super duties! altho i thought it looked more like the 05-07 body.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad someone else noticed this!! i was looking at one the other day driving by and said...why is that duramax looking good to me??....i kept looking and then it hit!! It looks just like the super duties! altho i thought it looked more like the 05-07 body.

If I bought something other than a Ford, it would be a GMC. Overall they're way better looking than the Chevies. For the last several years, I have liked the looks of GMC much better than Chevy. The 2007 edition is MUCH better. As far as Chevy goes, it looks like they took the 1967-68 grille, stretched it vertically, and added the stacked headlights.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Suspension and drivetrain (axles) are very weak on the GMC/Chevy's, still ain't sure why they want to have IFS on a Heavy Duty Truck :2c

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension and drivetrain (axles) are very weak on the GMC/Chevy's, still ain't sure why they want to have IFS on a Heavy Duty Truck :2c

cause their customer base wants a "car like" ride and i bet a very high
percentage of customers never NEED a truck.

Last edited:

al010101

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i personally think the 99-05 superduty is the best looking of them all...but hey i just took a home equity loan out to buy a busted up 2000 f350 so...perhaps i'm behind in the times?

personally you couldn't pay me to drive any of these new cars..they all look horrible.

Last edited:

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Hey Bama, it's ok, I'm with you buddy. I'm a die hard GM fan, just not of their HD line of trucks. I will be one of the 1st in line for a new Camaro, unless the rumors of a new 'Bird coming are true (but doubtful).

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I bought something other than a Ford, it would be a GMC. Overall they're way better looking than the Chevies. For the last several years, I have liked the looks of GMC much better than Chevy. The 2007 edition is MUCH better. As far as Chevy goes, it looks like they took the 1967-68 grille, stretched it vertically, and added the stacked headlights.

yeh if somethin happened to ford, i would have to go with a new gmc duramax. that way it will look like a super duty, but just wont perform like one. and dodge is built way too cheap. and the cabs not big enough. and the mega cab is still gay looking to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58