Find bad injector

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How do you figuer out which injector/s are bad, with out going to the dealership? Will a good odbII have codes even though there is no CE light on?

Thanks

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seth,

I you have a scanner that will talk to a PSD (Not all will) you should be able to run a Buzz and a Contribution test to see if you have an issue with an injector. I am sure there are other tests than can be run, but these are the ones that pop to mind....

You will need something more interactive that just a code reader to be able to run the tests. I have been considering an AutoEnginuity that would run on a laptop and be able to troubleshoot with it.....

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:sweet :sweet for Autoengineuity. I have one and it will do the buzz test, but you need to install it on a Windows Laptop.

Dave

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Injector

The most valuable test to locate a bad injector when the check engine light is not on is a injector cut out test and a generic scanner will problably not have it. Ask a dealer mechanic if he wants to make a few bucks and have him do it. The cut out test will locate the injector. If the selected injector is cut out and the truck has no change in idle quality then typically it's that injector, good luck.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sweet :sweet for Autoengineuity. I have one and it will do the buzz test, but you need to install it on a Windows Laptop.

Dave

I think AE is overpriced and doesn't do a contribution test on the 6.0 plus I have yet to see it complete a KOER test successfully on a 6.0 but yes it Will click injectors on the buzz test and you can drop out seperate injectors

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I hear that contribution test is coming on the AE this spring. The injector ability is almost as valuable in my opinion.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that also but darn the 6.0 has been around a while why the wait?

anyways fingers crossed

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cool, my brother has a scanner that will do the buzz test and contibution test. Give those a shot and see what I come up with.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58