Finished my lift

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Really, 4 wheel parts ( my local 4 wheel drive shop) told me to do it that way. I am kind of pissed!! I asked for a 5" block but they told me to just buy a 3" to keep those stupid little ears that come on the factory 2".

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Boadie said:
Really, 4 wheel parts ( my local 4 wheel drive shop) told me to do it that way. I am kind of pissed!! I asked for a 5" block but they told me to just buy a 3" to keep those stupid little ears that come on the factory 2".
Lesson my father told me,
Don't let anybody change your mind of what you want, cause what they want is usually much different than what you want...

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with my local 4 wheel drive shop with the question about stacking blocks. They stated they do it all the time. They also stated that they would not recomend it if you were turning your vehicle into a rock crawler. They do draw a line if you were going to stack like two 4". They said it is common practice in order to retain your factory ear for your overload stop to stack that 2" block on top of 3".
If anyone else has a desenting opinion against the factory 2" on top of a after market 3" block let me know. I surley do not want to do anything that would be considered unsafe and I am not just going to take the stores word for it.

Let me know I am going tonight to get those shims for the carrier bearing. Thanks

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Boadie said:
Well I just got off the phone with my local 4 wheel drive shop with the question about stacking blocks. They stated they do it all the time. They also stated that they would not recomend it if you were turning your vehicle into a rock crawler. They do draw a line if you were going to stack like two 4". They said it is common practice in order to retain your factory ear for your overload stop to stack that 2" block on top of 3".
If anyone else has a desenting opinion against the factory 2" on top of a after market 3" block let me know. I surley do not want to do anything that would be considered unsafe and I am not just going to take the stores word for it.

Let me know I am going tonight to get those shims for the carrier bearing. Thanks
from what i know, that is extremely unsafe. no offense but dont be frugal about this, it's a big thing for an expensive thing. so just spend the $ and be safe :cowboy:

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
When I installed my 6.5 inch PROCOMP lift on my old 03... it came with a 2 inch rear block and 3 inch rear springs... instructions said to place the supplied block on top of the factory block... so if this is what 4 wheel parts and PROCOMP recommends, you should have no problem...although i do agree with stacking big blocks... thats probably not a good idea... and I had no problem... the vibration is normal... mine was bad stock and lifted.. i had a one piece driveline made and it solved all my problems...the carrier bearing shim was worthless... but it might be ok for you since you aren't going as tall... good luck :cool: