Finished my lift

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Well I finally finished my lift. Last weekend I put the (so-called) levelling kit on. It was pretty easy just a 2 1/2" coil isolater, I think that is the proper term for them. They seem to measure out at almost three.

This looked terrible, the back end riding way too low for my liking. The next weekend was the next step of putting the 3" tapered block below the factory 2" block.

Problem- Every thing went well installing the blocks but then I went for the test drive I got a pretty major vibration during fast accelleration.

Any help on the fix would be appreciated.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Drive line angle...............need to shim the carrier bearing.

Someone with more info will chime in shortly.

Tbar

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Carrier bearing, I take that is the connection midway in the drive line connected to plate? Can any one elaborate on the shim installation?

I would like to personally thank every one that has helped me. I've owned many trucks but never had the know how to do anything Ive ever wanted to do. The people on this site are priceless.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
When I get back home this weekend I will take some PICS. I love the look, I am not to sure it is for every one, seems some whom have seen it thought I was going for level. Level just does not make any since to me. My worst pet peev in my truck is when that rear end squats below the hood.
I wanted the F-350 but I also wanted to take advantage of employee pricing. When I picked this one up they were just about out of 2005 in Red.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Boadie said:
When I get back home this weekend I will take some PICS. I love the look, I am not to sure it is for every one, seems some whom have seen it thought I was going for level. Level just does not make any since to me. My worst pet peev in my truck is when that rear end squats below the hood.
I wanted the F-350 but I also wanted to take advantage of employee pricing. When I picked this one up they were just about out of 2005 in Red.
Yeah they sell 4" blocks for my lift and 5-6" blocks for the rear on my lift so you can customize it. In the future I might get the 4.5" to 7" conversion kit, but I gotta remember that it's a daily driver, and I like the fact that I can get into it without trouble.

Oh and talking about people talking about looks, some people tell me i should've gone higher, they just don't understand the complex daily driving points to it.

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Lift

My boys were going to do my a favor and level out my X. Well you just don't say ok to a couple gear heads. My X was returned with 8" of lift and 37" rubber. Looks cool but i'm and old fart and have a trouble hoisting my fat butt in and out. Add a few brewskys and it gets dangerous!!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
My boys were going to do my a favor and level out my X. Well you just don't say ok to a couple gear heads. My X was returned with 8" of lift and 37" rubber. Looks cool but i'm and old fart and have a trouble hoisting my fat butt in and out. Add a few brewskys and it gets dangerous!!
how do you get in there, I can hardly get in mine with 4.5" :confused:

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
how do you get in there, I can hardly get in mine with 4.5" :confused:

haha, 8" isnt bad at all. still plenty easy to get in and out of.

as for the vibration, TBar hit the nail on the head. shimming it is easy, you just unbolt the shaft at the carrier (2 bolts as i recall) and insert some premade shims (your local 4wd shop should have some) and bolt it back up. its no big deal.

BTW - go get a larger single block, stacking blocks is a big NO NO. quite unsafe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14