New Member Finkstr

FINKSTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thought ? With 3.73's, try running @ 62 MPH, 1850 RPM ? Let your torque pull the load.... anticipate the hills by building some boost.

I think yul find the Downshifts to be Much less ??

Long or steep hills (?) do the OD lockout.. before you get there. (duh ;))

Joe

Joe,
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try next time I hook up the trailer. Hopefully I can take advantage of the torque curve and stay in OD as much as possible. When I lock out the OD, the engine noise is nearly unbearable. Hopefully I can find some suggestions in the forum on insulating the cab, particularly in the firewall area.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu

Mine is a 6 spd.. but, IMO 5th & D=lockout are similar in a alota PULL situations.

Hope I'm not Preach'n to the Choir here (Retired Ford Engineer n'all :D) but 1850 for torque, and 2400 for HP are the 7.3 "sweet spots".. when towing & pulling hills.. respectively.

You have the Banks set-up, but can you monitor Boost & EGT ? Stock intake & Exhaust ?

If you go to the Quick Links, top right of this page.. and go to Edit Signature'n fill it out with any add-ons or Mods.. It' sure helps with answering any questions.

What area of Engineering expertise were you in ????

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the weight of your fifth wheel? You all most need the 4:10's for the hills and for towing.
We have a lot of 7.3 guys on here that can help you. There is a sound proofing that you can
get for your truck that may help with some of the nosie.
We also like pictures so post up some.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14