Firestone Ride Rite leak

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

Got some Firestone Ride Rite airbags for the front of my F250 and on both sides there is an air leak at the push fitting where the air line goes in. The line is cut perfectly square and is pushed in all the way. What else can I do to make them not leak?

Cheers
Jeff

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
what did you cut it with? wire cutters squish the end and it tends to not seal very well. if you cut it with a razor blade it leaves the end nice and clean.

it may not be pushed in entirely, sometimes those have a step that you really need to push through.

if it comes down to it, you can replace those crap pushlock fittings with a nut and ferrel style brass fitting.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you cut it with? wire cutters squish the end and it tends to not seal very well. if you cut it with a razor blade it leaves the end nice and clean.

it may not be pushed in entirely, sometimes those have a step that you really need to push through.

if it comes down to it, you can replace those >[crap pushlock fittings]< with a nut and ferrel style brass fitting.

X2 ;tu

Operative phrase in Brackets.

I replaced those fittings with Compression fittings and have had NO air press. issues in 100,000+ miles.

(With the exseption of Winter/Summer air temp driven diff's of course)

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
any large truck dealer should carry them. those plastic airlines are the heart and soul of newer class 8 trucks, and have those fittings all over the place. if you take the plastic fitting out and bring it in to the parts counter they should have exactly what you need in brass.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
should be able to find the parts you need at your local home improvement store. menards, Lowes, home depot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14