First B20 Fill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Antonio,typically after you fillup with BD you'll want to change the stock fuel filter for the BD will scour the fuel system and most of the crud will end up at the stock filter.

My fuel pressure went up an easy 2-3 psi after filling with BD and changing the filter.

Bill

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Antonio,typically after you fillup with BD you'll want to change the stock fuel filter for the BD will scour the fuel system and most of the crud will end up at the stock filter.

Bill,

The stock filter has only 1800 miles on it, do you think I'll need to replace that one too? I've depleted my stock and haven't reordered, guess I'll go to NAPA.:(

I can't remember the micron rating on the stocker, do you think that much crud got by the 10 micron Dahl? Bob didn't say anything about changing the stock one just the Dahl element, but he may not remember that I kept the stock one too.:dunno

Scour the system? Heck it must have scrubbed the heck out of it since I don't think I made it 10 miles before the pressure started acting up.

Antonio

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I "believe" the stock filter is about 10 microns.

I spoke to Bob about Bio diesel and the Dahl filters and he wasn't very savvy in the area but from my experience you'll want to change the stock filter after awhile but 10 miles I don't think it'd shake the crud in the lines that fast but who knows.

You could change both just to be on the safe side.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well got the filter changed, it looked like the fuel gelled, waxy substance on the filter and some in the fuel I drained out. I had treated the tank before the bio with Fuel Power so I figured when I filled up, just before the cold front, it would be alright. Maybe it's more than just 20% bio.:dunno

I don't know of anything else that would look like what I saw.:confused: Restriction gauge is back to 5 in Hg. I added some fuel treatment but still getting some erratic pressure just not as much. FPPF makes a treatment specifically for B20, I may get some of that on the way. Changing stock filter too maybe.

CHPMustang said:
I spoke to Bob about Bio diesel and the Dahl filters and he wasn't very savvy in the area but from my experience you'll want to change the stock filter after awhile but 10 miles I don't think it'd shake the crud in the lines that fast but who knows.

You could change both just to be on the safe side.

Bob was very interested last night with what I found out as he admitted to not being all that knowledgeable about the Bio. He's been very helpful with ideas. This morning he was kind of puzzled about the substance found and possible gelling.

-popcorn -popcorn

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I wonder if that was a bad batch. Have you called the station to ask if they have had any complaints? Or contacted BioWillie to make them aware?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
I wonder if that was a bad batch. Have you called the station to ask if they have had any complaints? Or contacted BioWillie to make them aware?

Not yet, I plan on calling the station when I get a chance in a bit. There were two big rigs filling at the time I was. Work's getting in the way.:roflmao

:D :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You should be able to run B20 with no probs in the winter panhandle temps but the producer of the blended fuel might have a bad batch as quality control is way way lower when you start making for example 1,000 gallons at a time versus 40 gallons in your garage where errors can be corrected before putting the finished product in your vehicle.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I filled up at Carl's Corner w/ Bio-Willie on Friday on our way to Austin. Once off the freeway the truck seemed to run odd at steady cruise in town. I stopped again on the way back today and ALL pumps had bags hung I suppose indicating they were out of Diesel. So I filled w/ Dino Diesel w/ Power Service in Rockwall on my way to pick up the dogs and it now seems to run normal again.Not sure what was up. :dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
You should be able to run B20 with no probs in the winter panhandle temps .....

Last weekend wasn't "normal" panhandle temps.:roflmao Filled up Thursday in the low 30's. It never got over 25 on Friday, 4 degrees Saturday morning, low teens for high. Sunday the sun came out at least.:eek: But still cold. Down in the teens now. The fuel drained from the Dahl sure seemed thick for being in the 30's, I figured B20 wouldn't be that noticeable.:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14