First Impression After Cleaning Turbo & FICM tuning

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, thats a difference then. I dont know how its different but it is.
Whats wrong with just tuning the pcm? Not argueing what you did? curious as to why? why is it better etc?
If you are already using the sct why need another? Cant the sct do what it needs to do?
thx

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think any tuner is tuning the PCM. That is the brain of the engine and the tuner is telling it what to do.

The PCM tells all the others do hickies what to do like the FICM.

I am not very good at explaining this, someone with a silver tongue please help.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama, can you tell if you are getting any better MPG yet? I read there web page and I am one of the trucks where Ford thinks one reflash fits all years of the trucks. I lost 3 MPG when they did mine and they say they can't do anything about it now.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bama, can you tell if you are getting any better MPG yet? I read there web page and I am one of the trucks where Ford thinks one reflash fits all years of the trucks. I lost 3 MPG when they did mine and they say they can't do anything about it now.

WD, I just got it running yesterday and already had about 1/2 tank in the truck.

I soon as I fill it up again, I am gonna keep a log of my mpg over the next few fill ups. I will post back with a detailed report.;tu

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score

doug
not sure on the '1 reflash fits all trucks' stance but i too am one who lost 2-3 mpg upon the early reflash and have been told by ford that it can not be reversed (by them)...:rant:confused::doh: thanks for neutering my truck and not telling me....we all know what that reflash did... i am and have always been interested in the ficm tune (bama knows) and had early contact w/ bill at php and he stated that my 03 would be a better performer than any other model year....really would like to get my PI and T/H back....

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to go to akon sc. in nov. so I'm going to call them and see if it something they can do when I pass though. See what they say. I like the idea of reprograming the FICM. :sweet

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the PHP FICM tuning done and then the dealer reflashes the truck(for whatever reason) the FICM tuning will be gone.

I don't think the FICM tuning will help return the PI and T/H that was lost. Those are all inside the PCM. You could ask a SCT custom tuner if those can be done without adding some power if you want to stay safe with the truck.

Good reading about the FICM below:
http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The pilot injection and aggressive tow/haul are options that you can have put in a tuner, like the SCT.

I have the aggressive tow/haul on mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14