First post Fuel leak

bshaw52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I look at this and the $59 price, my question is why not change the complete pressure regulator? The cost of it is $79 then you dont have to mess with the springs. And will this stop the leak

I am going to do the whole kit as soon as I get through the job I'm working on and get paid

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look at this and the $59 price, my question is why not change the complete pressure regulator? The cost of it is $79 then you dont have to mess with the springs. And will this stop the leak

I think you are all wrong on that one to change the whole thing you must change out the filter housing also and the price is a little more than $79 the cover is screwed to the filter housing and the spring is under it you need to get a turkey baster a new one and suck out all the fuel from the upper filter houseing that way you don't have a mess. After you are done you have to cycle the key 3 time 30 sec. each time to prime the fuel system.
2 stroker

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my ford dealer and got the $79 price from them, they suggested the whole regulator instead of the spring kit that is why I was asking, my leak seems to be getting worse and I was trying to figure out which route I was going to take

bshaw52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Installed the kit yesterday, fairly simple if a bit tedious. Cycled the pump 3 times and it started right up, idles much smoother than it has in some time with quicker throttle response. The old spring was about 3/16" shorter than the new blue spring, gaskets were flat and hard.

This has stopped the leak and the smoke and improved performance, will have to see if mileage improves.

Next up is the FICM test and probably sending it off for repair and upgrade, then the EGR delete and oil cooler and etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for the input and the forum

bshaw

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed tonight, not a bad job, hardest part was getting to it and putting things back together, actual swap was pretty easy.
I dont notice any power change but I'm just hoping to stop the leak. cleaned EGR while I was there and it was badly caked again, pretty dirty down inside also, oh well I'll figure that one out later.
Happy new year to all and be safe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The best and easiest way to keep the EGR valve clean is to get on it. Drive it like you stole it. The high flow of exhaust will blow off the excess carbon. These trucks do not like to be babied. Happy New Year!

Dave ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg