First time my truck has broken down on me!

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I am not an expert on fooling these computers, but it sounds like it will work. My guess is that it fools the computer into seeing the coil in the solenoid.

Dave

Well I totally disconnected the solenoid from the truck and no CEL. I know it probably threw a soft code but thats no biggie right now. I think it wont throw a CEL till all the parameters are met when the AIH is activated which is rare I believe since it doesnt get that cold. I went to o'reilleys and picked up the engine oil drain plug from a cummins and put it on my truck. Fit perfect. Cant believe how big that heater element is! :eek:. Its dang near the full radius of the turbo pipe! They say it takes up 20% of that tube. I believe it.

dpantazis

Reaction score
If you pull the solenoid, hot still have a loose hot wire.

I would not put boost gauge there either b/c you really want to reference the map sensor reading. That way you can find out if the sensor it flaky.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
If you pull the solenoid, hot still have a loose hot wire.

I would not put boost gauge there either b/c you really want to reference the map sensor reading. That way you can find out if the sensor it flaky.

Yea I sill need to get rid of the big power wire. I got it up out of the way so it dont short somewhere. And I probably wont be puttin my boost hose where the AIH was. The plug I got uses the end of a 3/8's ratchet to take it off and didnt want to drill it. Paid $13 at oreilleys. Cheap mod. :D. Is that 10k resistor mod worth doin? Tonight Im gonna do some more research on other DIY mods. My signature is fillin up with all the mods i've done! :sweet

dmd

Reaction score
Unless I missed it, that plug you need is just a Dodge oil drain plug you can get
for a few bucks at any parts house. Should just screw right in.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Unless I missed it, that plug you need is just a Dodge oil drain plug you can get
for a few bucks at any parts house. Should just screw right in.

Yea worked great! Thanks everyone for their imput! :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58