Question Fixing the HG myself, looking for instructions

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a better deal ! Thie egr delet kit is 370 by itself the head studs are like 500
and all the gaskets are?? plus they check and deck the heads ,, the dealer won't

dukeyaz

2004 F350 LWB 4X4
Reaction score
Another update.
Pulled to the Dunes (trailer is about 10000# loaded, give or take a few hundred) over Thanksgiving. My Cooling fan (Rad Fan) was humming a lot more than usual. I added about a half gallon of coolant before heading home. Fan ran a little less on the way home.
Same trip day after X-mas until saturday after new years.
Fan hummed a lot (driving at night). BTW I am running only a banks inter-cooler and no tuner installed. Turbo outlet blew off 4x. Washed the boot in warm soapy water and cleaned the pipes. Dad brought me up a new boot and clamps just in-case I needed on the way home. Really I think he just wanted to ride the quads. Added another 1/2 gallon of coolant for the trip home.

So I call San Tan Ford and voice my displeasure with the cooling after my head studs where done. Took it in for service as I also found a bolt loose on the turbo mounting bracket(?). They check the cooling system and inform me my EGR cooler and oil cooler are leaking.

So now I am pissed. They tell me it'll be around $2200 to repair. I told them I would rather buy aftermarket coolers and do it myself for about the same price.
I need info on Aftermarket parts now.

dukeyaz

2004 F350 LWB 4X4
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention.
When I picked the vehicle up they forgot to tighten the turbo mounting bolt. Service rep forgot to add it to the work order. He said, Sorry, bring it in and I will have the tech check it out. BTW, same tech that did the original work.
I have decided since I will be pulling it all off to add the aftermarket EGR cooler an doil cooler, I will just tighten it myself. Guess when i thought I would let the dealership do it so a professional was doing it, I was wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58