Flashing OD Light

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the past two days my overdrive light has started flashing. It only does it when the truck is in park. It still drives fine. Checked tranny fliud and it looks good and smells fine and its full. I tryed to pull codes and I get none.:dunno

I'm stumped.

Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
So the past two days my overdrive light has started flashing. It only does it when the truck is in park. It still drives fine. Checked tranny fliud and it looks good and smells fine and its full. I tryed to pull codes and I get none.:dunno

I'm stumped.

You always wanted a BTS or Suncoast tranny didn't you? :D

Everytime my 01 used to do that - it wasn't long before she was in the shop - three times to be exact. Different "technical" problem everytime - but the same end result. After I had the Suncoast installed - never saw that flashing light again.

Sorry I can't give you any exact direction to look for a solution -

Ron

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a VSS (vehical speed sensor) its on top of the rear pumpkin... Disconect it and spray it down with WD-40 or something like it, see if that helps, If not might need a new one. That light blinking is not always a tranny issue!

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
You always wanted a BTS or Suncoast tranny didn't you? :D

Everytime my 01 used to do that - it wasn't long before she was in the shop - three times to be exact. Different "technical" problem everytime - but the same end result. After I had the Suncoast installed - never saw that flashing light again.

Sorry I can't give you any exact direction to look for a solution -

Ron

What were the causes that you found?

Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
What were the causes that you found?

First time was the diode deal - Ford replaced tranny - 19K miles

Second time had something to do with a torque converter pump - Ford replaced tranny - 26K miles

Third time - something to do with a soleniod valve and blowing fluid out of the vent - Ford wanted to charge me - I had Suncoast installed. 36,500 miles

Now the VSS was mentioned - I did replace that at one point - I just can't remember what caused me to do that. I was pretty surprised that it didn't seem very expensive to me.

If I had all my service sheets I could tell you exactly what each and every thing was - but when I let the truck go - I put all the service records in the glove box to stay with the truck.

Ron

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl