Fleetgaurd filters???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Filters are made by a small few companies and are brand labeled. K&N does not make their own oil filters. I would stay away from Fram filters.

Dave

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
I beleave the 3630 is for the ealier 7.3, the Valve body is the same and will work on our Power Strokes, however it has slightly less capacity as the 3974. In regaurds to FRAM... this is a subject that has been hashed a bunch... Ive been using FRAM .."Allied Signal Products" for 25 + years... and have NEVER had a filter problem. Perhaps if a person were not to change their Oil on Regular intervals, or would change their filter only every 2-3 Oil changes then there maybe some room for chosing a more expensive filter.. cost however does not always dictate quality.

BlueMule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
whats the difference between the fleetgaurd 3630 and 3974 both for 94-03 7.3 PSD's?

The LF3974 uses the synthetic filtration media "stratopore"

The LF3630 uses the traditional cellulose/paper filtration media.

They're both dimensionally the same and either will fit 94-03 PSD's

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dunno about the best for the 7.3 but we use Purolator since they are identical to the Motorcraft internally and well the price at $2.99 each cannot be beat:D

I've also used WIX in the past with positive results.

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
My motor builder put a fram on my drag motor and I freaked out! I told him I had heard horror storys about them and had just stayed away from them! Then before I even cranked my motor he had a problem with a fram on his super stock car (it turn to mush inside) he called and said get it off before I crank it!

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mobil 1

oi8228oi said:
is 15 for the k&n filters good, i know the napa one last change cost me like 18 i think and this change the motorcraft cost me 13.87

Mobil 1 filters are $10 at AutoZone. I guess they are OK.

fgtex

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
BlueMule said:
The LF3974 uses the synthetic filtration media "stratopore"

The LF3630 uses the traditional cellulose/paper filtration media.

They're both dimensionally the same and either will fit 94-03 PSD's

Thanks for clearing that up... I know that the old IDI filters will work, as they have the same Valve body... the can itself is about an inch shorter... I suspected that was the filter he was refering too.... guess I was wrong... go figure ...me wrong...:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58