For the first time EVER

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I finally spent an entire Benjamin to fill The Beast. $100 for 28 gallons of Hugo Chavez's finest ULSD.

That means since I bought the truck to now, I now have to pay an extra $40 every fill up. And it may go to $50 more soon.

There are two outfits that are starting up biodiesel production, both within an hour's drive. They can't open soon enough.

By the way, is getting rid of the kitty and going with an aftermarket exhaust really a way of squeezing a few more MPG out of the 6.0? An exhaust I might be able to swing. A gauge pod, too. But no tuners or chips as long as the engine warranty is valid.

Any ideas to improve 17 city, 21 highway with the 3.73 gears it came from Louisville with?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an MBRP turbo back off-road on mine...no kitty but with the MBRP muffler... and it did little, if anything, for the mileage. It does sound better, and it lowered the EGTs, but I honestly didn't see any noticeable improvement with the mileage.

I'm feeling your pain there...I've been dropping between $100-120 to fill the tank for almost a year now. #2 has been right in the area of $3.50 for a good couple months here...not sure about the ULSD...it's a little more yet.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man where you been...its been easy
to break a 100 on fill ups for a
couple of years now.

diesel is 3.34 a gallon here now....stupid e85 is 2.69 !

dropping the cat wont improve your
mpg...not much will...the best way
to improve your mpg is w/ your
right foot.

you could step up to a 3.55 rear
but thatll probably run you 600-1000
bucks (including installation)...even
at that itll take quite a while to
break even on your investment.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
rr-

what i wouldn't do just to get your mileage....:D

oh, me and my benjamins have been parting ways for quite some time now.:eek:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I keep a record of all my fill ups since I bought the truck in 2000.

If you want a shock..............figure out how much you have spent in fuel since buying your truck. :eek:

Tbar

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
I keep a record of all my fill ups since I bought the truck in 2000.

If you want a shock..............figure out how much you have spent in fuel since buying your truck. :eek:

Tbar

GO LOOK AT MY MILEAGE TEST POST......:eek::sly:tounge

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
rr-

what i wouldn't do just to get your mileage....:D

oh, me and my benjamins have been parting ways for quite some time now.:eek:

DITTO X2, my MPG has flown out the window along with plenty of these
duit.gif

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?

Until several years ago, the average price of diesel fuel was usually lower than the average price of gasoline. In some winters when the demand for distillate heating oil was high, the price of diesel fuel rose above the gasoline price. Since September 2004, the price of diesel fuel has been generally higher than the price of regular gasoline all year round for several reasons. Worldwide demand for diesel fuel and other distillate fuel oils has been increasing steadily, with strong demand in China, Europe, and the U.S., putting more pressure on the tight global refining capacity. In the U.S., the transition to low-sulfur diesel fuel has affected diesel fuel production and distribution costs. Also, the Federal excise tax on diesel fuel is 6 cents higher per gallon (24.4 cents per gallon) than the tax on gasoline.

Diesel Fuel Prices: What Consumers Should Know

Tbar

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In so cal we are close to 4 a gallon. I paid 3.75 yeaterday and that was the cheapest location in 20 miles.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
it makes no freakin sense because diesel is a bi-product of gasoline. we run freakn leftovers of gas and we are payin out the wazoo for it. i want and need my truck so bad but might be changing careers and turnin into a woosey car driver how bad does that suck. all to keep from pissin my money away quite so fast:rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58