For the first time EVER

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Europe has a surplus of Gasoline and the the US buys it at a possible discounted price. There can only be so much diesel fuel extracted from a crude oil. We have to find ways to create a balance. In the US the balance is created by gasoline vehicles.

BudMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im an RV Transporter

I have a 38 gallon main and a 98 gallon aux.

ULSD results in (to me) much lower miles per gallon. When you're only getting paid $1.08 a mile and fuel takes up 37 cents of that (10 mpg loaded), there ain't much left over for maintenance, loan payments and insurance. And since we don't get paid for the trip home, take another 25 cents out of that $1.08 (16 mpg) for the ride back.

When you consider everything in this country gets delivered by diesel trucks at some point, then it's easy to understand why the economy is beginning to tank.

Reaction score
yeah but since they are only using ulsd in the us and not shipping it to other countries voila. So every drop of diesel made in the u.s. should stay here.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
We have the Irvings in Our Province that are building the largest refinery in the world, They will export the complete production. It should relieve some of the presure. But next to this refinery is the highest prices for Diesel and Gas in America.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost had a heartatch the other day when I filled up and was 124.00 in AR. I paid 3.65 not to many big rigs in their parking lot. I sure hope they figure things out soon. I know that there was suppost to be bio plant opening in The Woodlands. I'll have to see if I can find that web page again.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
TOTAL GALLONS burned

TOTAL PAID for fuel since july 05

CURRENT MILEAGE

$ PER MILE

MILES PER GALLON

AVG PER GAL

but then i havent filled up since... nov 07

Last edited:

Members online