Ford 2N/8N 12 Volt Starter Solenoid

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.steinertractor.com/brand-ford.aspx
Wayne, I think you can find any old tractor part you need at this link. Good luck.
Doug

Doug, thanks for the info. Didn't get a chance to open it up last weekend, spent Saturday looking at RV's and rested Sunday (trying to get acclimated to Daylight Savings Time). As I mentioned earlier, I believe it does have a button on the other side that's hidden inside the body. I can get one locally at a pretty good price, but I'll check this site out also.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are right, it has a button on the opposite side that you push to start. I had a friend who owned an 8N. We never did a thing to that tractor except beat the s%*t out of it.

Dave

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take it to a repair shop in a few days. He's a local guy who's worked on it in the past. He has a shop by his house and is pretty cheap. Last time he worked on it, you barely had to hit the starter to get it going. Once it's fixed, probably gonna sell it because we don't use it very much.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Wayne.. how did you come out on the tractor?

I hadn't been in here for a few days, but I did find a NAPA part number. (I have a PROLink account through work. Makes NAPA-Fu easy) The picture looks correct.
NAPA #S66813 manufactured by Sparex under the same part number.

The Carrollton, Texas distribution center has two as of this morning.

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wayne.. how did you come out on the tractor?

I hadn't been in here for a few days, but I did find a NAPA part number. (I have a PROLink account through work. Makes NAPA-Fu easy) The picture looks correct.
NAPA #S66813 manufactured by Sparex under the same part number.

The Carrollton, Texas distribution center has two as of this morning.

Thanks JL. I haven't a chance to do anything. My mother-in-law who lives with us has been in the hospital and now a rehab center since Wednesday of last week. Went to her regular doctor's appointment, he thought she needed to go to hospital. Got there and xrays showed a blood clot in one leg, so she's been bedridden for most of the time since then. Moved her to a rehab center to try to get her mobility improved. She is terrified to stay there (she has alzheimer's and Lewy Body parkinson's), so they let us put an air mattress and the caretaker or my wife has spent every night with her. My wife doesn't like her being there and we'll probably bring her home soon. That's been taking all our time. I'll get the tractor going pretty soon. Seems like as long as I start it every week or so, it does ok, but if I go longer without starting it (even if I'm not gonna use it), then it "acts up". I'm sure letting it sit outside uncovered isn't helping either.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I know what you are going through. My Mother was in a hospital for a few days with pneumonia. She was released to a nursing care facility and she HATED IT. Now she will not let anyone take care of her in her own home. There is nothing I can do...

Dave

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you are going through. My Mother was in a hospital for a few days with pneumonia. She was released to a nursing care facility and she HATED IT. Now she will not let anyone take care of her in her own home. There is nothing I can do...

Dave

Dave, that's tough. My mother in law asked me several times yesterday if I would take her home. That's a daily question with her. Once she said she wanted to go home to her mother (who passed away 35 years ago). Finally my wife had to tell her we weren't going anywhere. We got her out of the rehab place Friday. We thought she was going to be there indefinitely but they told us she had to be out by the 15th, so we said she's going now (Friday).

Finally dropped off the 2N this morning, told the guy to take his time looking at it. He had several more tractors sitting around his place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64