ford cd player

RedBadge6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have the ford stock 6 disc cd player in my truck. and i think it just died for good. but before i get a new one. i was just wondering if you guys have any tips to make it work. anyways the promblem is that when you put a cd in it says error or sometimes it will not even eject the cd out. another question is does anybody have a stock 6 disc changer they like to sell. because i like the looks of stock cd player instead of some fancy smacy cd player. thanks

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I seem to recall when mine died I sent it to someplace in WA that specializes in repairing Ford radios. This was probably 6-8 years ago so I don't recall the name of the place but I got it from the local Ford dealer. They told me that most of the Ford dealers on the west coast get the radios repaired at this place. You might check with your local dealer and see if they can point you at this repair shop.

Question: You have a 6.0 I take it so aren't you still under the 3yr warranty? If so the dealer should put in a new unit.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before you consider the repair...weigh the repair cost against the
purchase price of a new <better> aftermarket head unit.

also look at ebay...theres TONS of factory radios...i didnt even
bother trying to sell mine 'cause there were so many...

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ya you would probably be better off with an aftermarket one. but if you want a factory one give me about a month and im ripping my factory one out and u can have it just pay for the shipping.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
my bro has a mustang and he sent his 6 disc changer to some place in maine and they fixed him right up....ill see if i can find the name of it....i think it cost him less than 100 bucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg