Ford Dealers are Hypocrites

spideygsm24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We all know that the dealers will try and void the warranties if any modifications are made to the motor, exhaust, intake etc. I was at the dealership where I bought my truck on Saturday and the parts department sells Superchips and Bullydog tuners. They also sell exhaust kits and high flow air cleaners. Not only does the dealership sell these parts, but the Ford dealership installs these parts.

This same dealership told me that if I do any modifications to the truck that it may void the warranty and extended service plan (through Ford). Is this hypocritical or what?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Wow I'd say big hippos! Thats funny. So you gonna get all yer performance needs at Ford? Let me know how it goes haha

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are some dealers that will warranty these "speed" parts if they sell them. Not all will. Ford Motor Company will not warranty these parts.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
There are some dealers that will warranty these "speed" parts if they sell them. Not all will. Ford Motor Company will not warranty these parts.

Dave

yup and in jville florida mike shad ford on blanding does lifts and tuners and all the neat stuff

they got busted for slipping in a piece of paper in the sales contract about voiding your drive-train warranty......however they would handle any issues as part of their warranty.
but then your screwed if you break down in north Georgia or somewhere else

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a law on this saying dealer can not void warrenty too. I posted it at one time I'll see if I can find it.

Fine69

Reaction score
Magnusson Moss covers Stock replacement parts. Ford CAN and WILL void your warranty if they want. Its up to you to fight them. Who do you think has more high priced Lawyer's? Its simple, You wanna Play, You gotta PAY!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean the Magnuson Moss act?

It runs with Magnuson Moss

but that is not what I was looking for, theres another and I cant find it. But it tells you what you need to ask and what is required by the dealer in writing to void the warranty. It also tells you how to get the dealer to do the report, in writing on the caused the problem.

They (the manufacturers) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of the installed aftermarket part. The dealer usually states, that because of the aftermarket parts installed, the warranty is void (without even attempting to determine whether or not the aftermarket part caused the problem). This is illegal...period.

I'll do some digging tonight. It give a list of question you need to ask the dealer.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .03 but..It's ALL about the Dealers we choose, and their After Sale ethic.

Many are there to sell Cars & Trucks to Customers.. CARE about 'Service after Sale, and will go to bat for you... on Warranty issues.

Some are just there to sell "Units".. and could care Less.. after the money clears.. and the "Unit" clears the lot. :(:watchout

:dunno

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Print out the Magnuson Moss act and go to your dealer. Most dealer dont know the act. So change there tune after reading it.

Mine did.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58