Ford Dealers are Hypocrites

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
mike shad ford autonation was having a guy i knew that was a psd nut. install 2 and 4" lifts on new psds

tires etc.....
you dont want to know what they were using as leveling blocks in the front leaf springs......
well yes you do

they were taking old rear spring sets and cutting them in the stack to make a 2" block of short springs about 8" long....then new ubolts and we have a leveled super duty...SCARY scary scary

spideygsm24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Everybody brings up great points. The dealer is Henry Day Ford in Salt Lake City. I asked the service manager if it would void my warranty to install tuners etc. He said yes. Then I asked him why his dealership would sell parts for a truck that would void the warranty. He just shrugged his shoulders and said again that installing these parts would void the warranty.

I sat there like an idiot with my mouth wide open. Ya can't win for losing???

dpantazis

Reaction score
lets be more clear in the discussion-magnusson moss is the foundation for your rights. there are others, but that is the biggie.

1. if you put an aftermarket part on your truck, and there is a problem that could be related to it, then it is the service writer's discretion weather or not it get written up in such a way that FMC would deny warranty coverage.

Example- you have a tuner with programs modifying the PCM programming. you blow your head gaskets. you are probably on your own.

2. if you put an aftermarket part on your truck, and you have a problem that is NOT related or connected to that part, they are not allowed to deny warranty coverage for that problem.

Example- you have a tuner and your window leaks. They can not deny warranty coverage on the windows because you have a tuner.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a subject that will keep on going. It comes down to the dealership. Some will fix most anything with or without aftermarket parts and down here there a 50/50 mix. But there is a limit too.

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
lets be more clear in the discussion-magnusson moss is the foundation for your rights. there are others, but that is the biggie.

1. if you put an aftermarket part on your truck, and there is a problem that could be related to it, then it is the service writer's discretion weather or not it get written up in such a way that FMC would deny warranty coverage.

Example- you have a tuner with programs modifying the PCM programming. you blow your head gaskets. you are probably on your own.

2. if you put an aftermarket part on your truck, and you have a problem that is NOT related or connected to that part, they are not allowed to deny warranty coverage for that problem.

Example- you have a tuner and your window leaks. They can not deny warranty coverage on the windows because you have a tuner.

VERY well stated!:clap:

Brad777

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Everybody brings up great points. The dealer is Henry Day Ford in Salt Lake City. I asked the service manager if it would void my warranty to install tuners etc. He said yes. Then I asked him why his dealership would sell parts for a truck that would void the warranty. He just shrugged his shoulders and said again that installing these parts would void the warranty.

I sat there like an idiot with my mouth wide open. Ya can't win for losing???

It is an interesting situation. I have most of my service work done by Henry Day. I know the service manager there personally and have asked the same question you did and got the same response. With this, I'm also dumbfounded. However, I do understand that they won't remove the DPF or do anything that is illegal. Additionally, to the credit of Henry Day Ford, I haven't found another dealer in SLC that has been as good in diagnosing and repairing my vehicles as they have...their service and customer service are second to none in my book. Just my .02.

caddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was interested in lifting my truck and installing larger rubber. So I called my service writer and asked for potential warranty issues. Was told if lifted it would void my suspension and trans warranty. So then I asked if it was installed by them would that be ok. Was told they don't install lifts. So my next question was then, How they warrant two new lifted trucks with 35"s on the lot which are for sale since they don't install lifts.:dunno No answer given other that If I lift they would void warranty on suspension and transmission. So tired of run around with dealer. I did not lift truck but I did install 35x12.5x20" wheels on stock suspension, which barely cleared.:D

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
caddy, I know of 3 dealer here, that sends there trucks over to 4 wheelparts and they do the lifts and tires and still have there warranty. I would call fords customer service and ask them about it.

caddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
caddy, I know of 3 dealer here, that sends there trucks over to 4 wheelparts and they do the lifts and tires and still have there warranty. I would call fords customer service and ask them about it.

I think when they do that, the dealer warrants the lift but not ford or another dealer. So if you got issues with the lift you have to go back to them. So if you are out of town and have issues it's out of pocket.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dogman,

I saw the same thing.... we have a 4x4 Parts here in Indy. I was there picking up the Bilstein shocks I had ordered (had a special on them, cheapest price at the time). When I was getting ready to back out of the parking spot, a BRAND NEW 2011 6.7 SuperDuty was backing out of the bay. It had a lift, some nice new rims and shoes, maybe an exhaust with a big shiny tip..... I backed out of my spot and was right behind the truck, with dealer plates, the big dealer sticker on the tailgate, and the guy in the drivers seat in a dealer service uniform. The dealer is just a couple miles away. Saw that truck out front the next day with a big LOOK across the windshield.........

Wonder what the warranty looked like on that $60000+ truck......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64