Ford Job Offer (Diesel Tech)

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
I have been offered a job at my local Ford dealership, seems the only diesel guy they have is not able to keep up with the work load. I’m a auto tech at European auto dealer, ASE master with L1 and over 15 years experience. My question is, what is the pay scale or average pay for this position, I know it involves a lot of warranty and heavy engine work. I figure someone on the forum could give me some helpful advice. Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know what Ford pays, but I have heard some of the techs complain about the rates on the warranty work.:dunno

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I don't know what Ford pays, but I have heard some of the techs complain about the rates on the warranty work.:dunno

Dave

around here the starting pay scale is $16. - $20 /hr.

but like Dave said... warranty work is a killer.
You're going to be expected to flag 125% of your clock hours, and that's tough to do when a 4.5 hour retail water pump pays 2.3hrs warranty time.

My techs [complain] because a warranty balance/rotate pays .2, and mount/balance 4 new hoops pays .6 And they're still expected to turn 110%

Last edited:

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
Crumm,they made me an offer, just curious what is the average pay for a diesel tech, not familiar with domestic shop operations

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$16 to $20 per hour:eek: :eek:

I hope they pay more than that, because our lawn boy is getting $15 per hour, and $20 per hour washing our 5th wheel.

I am just used to California wages. Everything is high here. I am not complaining because when I retired in 2001 I was making $60 per hour, so 15 to 20 sounds reasonable to mow a lawn. I would think a good mechanic should be getting at least $45 to $50 per hour. Shops charge $100 to $150 per hour for labor here, so they should be able to pay a good wage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg