Ford recall 4.5M Vehicles - speed control deactivation switch

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Recall # 09S09

Ford cannot be confident that over many years in service, a speed control deactivation switch installed on your vehicle will not leak brake fluid, posing the risk of fire. This condition may occur when the vehicle is parked or when it is being operated.

:dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
thanks.
I never understood why Ford would use a hydraulic pressure switch to de-activate the cruise when everyone else uses the brakelight switch...

ah well... I can see bad points with either set-up...

JRJ04

Reaction score
yep, i punched in my VIN number on their website and sure enough...it came up saying mine was under recall.

looks like i gotta jack with taking it in!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford used the BOO before they went to this model, Ahh but the benefit with the diesel is that the circuit is not energized when the truck is off or at least it shouldn't so it will only catch on fire when you're driving.

I've been told that the replacement part kit (fused link on the wires) is in short supply and the dealer's short term fix is to unplug the switch which inactivates Cruise control.

JRJ04

Reaction score
yep, thats the exact issue they ran into when all of the others were recalled. When i was driving my bro's F150, it was without cruise control for about 5 months...very annyoing.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll give up my secret dealership, Jacky Jones Ford in Sweetwater, TN is a super dealership. I took my RV in for the repair of the first round of changes (V10, ouch) and while I was there the service manager did the repair in 10 minutes out the door himself. No taking it to the tech, just wham, bam, thank you sir, have a good day. I am going to call them (I've gotten the letter about a week ago) to see if they have them and if I can get in sometime next week. Don't everyone go rushing there and spoil my fun......:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58